• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Remembering Isabel

trees

Registered Member
Just looking through my picture albums and came across these pics of my area when "Isabel" hit.(2003) Things were really tore up around here, we went without electricity for two and a half weeks and lost all our food in the freezer! One tree was uprooted in our yard but we pulled it up tied it down and put dirt around the bottom and now it stands tall and pretty!I call it my "hurricaine tree". Our double wide only lost about 5 shingles!!!!! :) Here are a few pics of our area after the storm...... I had to take the pics of the pics with my digital cam cause they were developed photos. :)

Isabel 1

Isabel2

Isabel 3

Isabel 4

Isabel 5

Isabel 6

Isabel 7

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
OMG was that your house?? What a mess that was. I was thinking with pic #4?? "Hey what a nice pic of the river" until I noticed it was titled "the road"!! The insurance industry is still trying to recover from all of these natural diasters....sorry you were one of the ones who had to experience it first hand!

trees

Registered Member
Oops did not spell Hurricane right! :mad:

Oh no, Not my house, We were blessed. We have been right in the middle of the two biggest ones to hit North Carolina. We lived in Rocky Mount when Floyd hit! We were blessed both times! We were out of electricity about 2 weeks in R.M when floyd hit as well, and the water almost made it in the house. We were stranded couldnt get any where, and the drinking water was contaminated so emergency vehicles brought us water every day, and ice! Incase you didnt ever see what happened in Rocky Mount when Floyd hit, check out this link!
When we lived in Rocky Mount and the hurricane came! Link to pics!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
WOW!! It is amazing what mother nature can do!! I seen the title and it was freaky because I watched Constanten last night and the twins sisters name was Isabel! LOL That movie was ummm strange lol............

trees

Registered Member
Muhahahahaha you thought "Isabel" was coming to get you! Muahhaha Thats funny, and weird ! LOL :D

nani1987

Registered Member
i knew it was a reason I hated my middle name yup it's isabel............wow she sure did cause some damage...................glad your ok..............nani

Julie

Registered Member
WOW Wendy! I just got done looking at both sets of pics...and WOW! I wish I woulda taken pics last year of what Charlie, Frances, & Jean did here. I wish I had a pic from when Charlie took down a HUGE tree (out of the back yard of the house I moved into!) onto the power lines & laying in the street.

We had some flooding too...but NOTHING like what's in those pics on your link. I can't even begin to imagine. I'm just glad nothin happened to you!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I was looking at picture #4 and thought "Oh what a pretty river.." Then I look in the corner of the photo "The Road" and smacked myself
LOL

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
iggyshotthebear said:
I was looking at picture #4 and thought "Oh what a pretty river.." Then I look in the corner of the photo "The Road" and smacked myself
LOL
Hahahahahaaha...IGGY.......go read post #2!!!! Do you think cloning was actually done 25 years ago?????????

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
*smacks forehead again* Thats what I get for skimming posts LOLOL Cloning... hmmm... you should see the pics I posted somewhere around here of me, my mom and my daughter...