Remember, remember

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

the fifth of November.

Guy Fawkes Night is an annual celebration on the evening of 5 November. It marks the downfall of the Gunpowder Plot of 5 November 1605, in which a number of Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament, in London, United Kingdom.

Is anyone going to be attending a fireworks display tonight or over the weekend?
    For those it doesn't apply to, feel free to share any stories about displays you've been to for different events. Anyone scared of fireworks? Anyone ever hosted their own display?

I'll probably be watching from my window tonight but I will be attending a display over the weekend.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009

2. FindMuck

FindMuck Registered Member

I want to go, but I don't live in the UK anymore...

3. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

"V for Vendetta"

"Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gun powder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot."

:)

i love fireworks but i'm not sure ill be there!

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I love V for Vendetta. Awesome movie. But we don't have anything here in the states, obviously. I would like to go, though! Can I be your date, Bliss?

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I'm going to agree with all the rest of the America fags here and say that I love V for Vendetta as well, but alas, I shall see no fireworks today. We don't celebrate Guy Fawkes Day here, but actually did wake up quoting this, today.

Happy Guy Fawkes Day, UK fags!

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Yeah, considering the % of British members to the % of everyone else, I don't think we're going to have many people doing something for Guy Fawkes Night.

Unless they're overseas Britons.

As for me, probably nothing. Mum's partner has swine flu, so he's not exactly in any fit state to be going out.

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Not tonight, but i think my dad is having his annual one on saturday.

Too wet to have a firework display at the moment anyway.

8. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

The movie was an awesome one, I'm not gonna lie, but I wonder if the United States would have known about it if not through the movie. Im sure people in England and most of Europe know of the history of Guy Fawkes.....but to me it seems like Americans know it because of V for Vendetta.

Kind of seems like a bandwagon.

~Shwa

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

My shoes, feet and legs are wet with mud :lol: nice. I just got back from a big firework display & bonfire in the park tonight, it was pretty good. And there was a fair after. very very very muddy.

I'm going home tomorrow! :D and at the weekend we'll have all the family over and stuff. Can't wait to see them. My dad always goes crazy buying fireworks off the net, he's like a little kid in a toy store.