Religious tolerance, god or bad?

manuel

Registered Member
Religion tolerance, god or bad?
In this times we are tolerating so many things, and God is preached as He were a presidential candidate an a campaign trail. Churches and denominations are in a race to please and tolerated almost every thing to increase its membership, is this good or bad.

Good.

From a non-religious stance: Less self-righteousness and bigotry in the church.
From a religious stance: More believers.

Looks like a win-win.

manuel

Registered Member
Good.

From a non-religious stance: Less self-righteousness and bigotry in the church.
From a religious stance: More believers.

Looks like a win-win.
From a religious point of view membership’s number are of no importance, the Church must stand by it tenets, from the Christian point of view this is wrong, tolerating sin and not denounce it is wrong and unnecessary as it is prophesy that the Church will be persecuted and that many will falter Mat 5:11 Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
Luk 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they have kept My saying, they will also keep yours.

But how can you teach people without them listening? You have to treat others like people if you want them to treat you like one.

Jesus himself went out and sought out the outcasts. He didn't just sit in a small group with all his jew-buddies talking about how everyone else are vile sinners.

And get off the prosecution high-horse. You live in a christian nation. No one's prosecuting your emo-ass self.
------
From a religious point of view membership’s number are of no importance,
And from a Christian's point of view it should. They're told to go out preaching salvation. Not sitting in a big room talking about how each new person who might be interested is damned to hell.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I want to be for religious tolerance, but the more we tolerate it, the more people take advantage of it.

manuel

Registered Member
But how can you teach people without them listening? You have to treat others like people if you want them to treat you like one.
Teaching is a one way communication, one teaches and the other listen, a teacher does not treat hose that he teaches as teachers.

Jesus himself went out and sought out the outcasts. He didn't just sit in a small group with all his jew-buddies talking about how everyone else are vile sinners.
Was Jesus taught by anyone? Did He tolerate vile sinner? As far I know Jesus never told sinner that they could stay the way they were and be His follower. Did Jesus ever compromised truth to gain a follower?

And get off the prosecution high-horse. You live in a christian nation. No one's prosecuting your emo-ass self.
Wow, wow don’t go on that path you will regret it. This is what I replied “tolerating sin and not denounce it is wrong and unnecessary as it is prophesy that the Church will be persecuted and that many will falter” I didn’t say that I am persecute, not did I say anything on the lines that the Church is presently persecuted, I just said the it will be and that many will falter. 2Ti 3:1 Know this also, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand.
2Pe 3:3 First, knowing this, that there will come in the last days scoffers walking according to their own lusts
And from a Christian's point of view it should. They're told to go out preaching salvation. Not sitting in a big room talking about how each new person who might be interested is damned to hell.
Here we go again, where do you get this from? We are commanded to preach “repentance” that lead to Salvation, there is no salvation without repentance.
Mar 6:11 And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Truly I say to you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
Mar 6:12 And they went out and proclaimed that men should repent.

------
I want to be for religious tolerance, but the more we tolerate it, the more people take advantage of it.
Exactly my feelings, the more we tolerate, the more people take advantage of it. And that’s the way the Church is been corrupted by all sort of false doctrines.
Mat 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.
2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who secretly will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many will follow their pernicious ways, and because of them the way of truth will be evil spoken of.

Last edited:

manuel

Registered Member
So saving as many souls as possible from an eternity of damnation is "of no importance" to Christians anymore?
But we don’t save anybody, only God saves.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will in no way cast out.
Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who has sent Me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
And since all prophecies will come to pass Mat 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.
You can try as hard as you want to save but unless they of the elect they will not turn.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Considering the alternative is religious intolerance, which tends to end up with people killed, religious tolerance seems to be a sweet deal.

Granted the charismatic/Pentecostal groups, and their ilk in other religions, are never going to be tolerant because their theology is based around others being wrong and them being crusaders for Christ. But as a macro idea- sure, let's try it out.

From a religious point of view membership’s number are of no importance, the Church must stand by it tenets, from the Christian point of view this is wrong, tolerating sin and not denounce it is wrong and unnecessary as it is prophesy that the Church will be persecuted and that many will falter Mat 5:11 Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
Luk 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they have kept My saying, they will also keep yours.
Good.

Follow me on this one buddy.

I am agnostic. I don't completely believe in the text of the bible. Not to say that I don't think it hits on lots of good ideas, but I don't give myself to it unconditionally.

SO, why am I a sinner if I don't believe in the teachings that accuse me of being a sinner?

Last edited: