• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Quite a few topics in this forum could fall under hear, but I want this to be a general religious discussion. It's a very touchy subject, so let's try to be as civil as possible.

Personally, I love religions. I don't have solid beliefs mounted in any one religion, but I love studying them because they have such profound social implications. Religion comes into play everywhere, is it right? What do you believe in? It just hits me as amazing that so many take religious beliefs at face value.

And what the hell ever happened to separation of church and state?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a catholic, I always had religion courses at my school, and I do believe in God and Jesus, but somethings are real hard to believe, like when he cured the blind man by putting mud on his eyes. Also each year it was a different story, but I still believe in God, and yes sometimes I do prey to him.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Religion is such a complex topic I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm basicly a catholic because I was baptiesed at a Catolic church. How ever that doesn't mean I'll agree with every thing they may say or do. My belive twards religion are simple, and I think all religions can agree with this. Peace. As long as that is understood I think thats what all religions are about. A simple consept. To me all religions belive in peace so thats the general out line to religion in my eyes. Now how you want to go about and explain the word can lead to years of defanition, n I dought this thread will be open for years. If it is though then we can all disscuss it.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Vince Carter said:
I am a catholic, I always had religion courses at my school, and I do believe in God and Jesus, but somethings are real hard to believe, like when he cured the blind man by putting mud on his eyes. Also each year it was a different story, but I still believe in God, and yes sometimes I do prey to him.
My answer to that is this: if it wasn't impossible, it wouldn't be a miracle. We believe in Jesus because He used miracles to show that not only did He come on the authority of God, that He was in fact God in the flesh.

If you don't believe that I am sorry, but the basis of Christianity if that Jesus was born of a woman, but not a man. He lived according to the law God gave to Moses and He performed miracles. His death and ressurection make it possible for us sinners to go to heaven. The only requirement is that we believe in Him being God and that through His death and renewed Life, we too may rise from our death and live.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh it;s just that I don't believe all is miracles it's just that when I hear the story about curing the blind man it always changes, dont be wrong, I do think he went 40 days in the desert without eatting or drinking and I do believe that he got ressurected after being sacrafice on the crucifix. Dont get me wrong I know Mary was chosen to give the birth of Jesus and Joseph had nothing to do about it.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Well the curing the blind happened a few times and He did do it in a few different ways. He cured people of being paralized and lepers toos. He can't out demons and those were usually done in different ways as well.

I guess to sum up what I am saying, He liked to keep us off guard bby doing things we know should not have worked. Faith is more powerful than anything else man has ever found.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I'm Pagan ^___^ which has been around longer than Christianity etc. I'm not a strict Pagan (because i wasn't born into it) but i do love my religion to bits. I've always lived on a...naturalistic/spiritual level and i found Paganism was perfect for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright I know he did it many times, but it's till hard to believe it all happen because it did happen 2000 years ago, but I am sure they have facts about how it happened but the story must of changed a little bit since then. But dont get me wrong I still believe in him and god, it's just hard to believe things he's done

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Catholics do not believe in the Scripture, in a literal sense, like it is word for word true. Which in a way makes more sense, I am sure some of the stories are true, but I am sure that some are meant to actually just be stories, and to prove a point. Taking the Bible so literal is what causes fanatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.