• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Religion Can Help You Overcome Mental Illness And/Or Substance Addiction. However...

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Christianity is the only one that addresses the true nature of who we are. That's the toughest question we all face.

We are all wretched and undeserving. If you volunteer 80 hours a week at the shelter and I go around killing pets, we are both the same in the sight of God. Filthy sinners. The guy that wrote much of the New testament said he was the chief of sinners.

We are nothing without a savior. Jesus.

There's a fascinating passage in the Bible that shows life of the new church. inside one building were Jews, Romans, slaves, slave owners, wealthy, poor, women... They were all equal in the church. Radical idea for that time. When you realize who we are, you see that we are all eual.

I've studied enough other religions to know that religions are always about how hard to I have to work to get to heaven? How good do I have to be? Christ is the only one that answers that. You'll never work hard enough or be good enough. You need a savior.
What does any of this have to do with mental illness and addiction?

Also, the very definition of religion is " a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs." Stating that only Christianity addresses the true nature of who we are is simply false. If you want to insist, please state non-biased sources for your statement.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
What does any of this have to do with mental illness and addiction?

Also, the very definition of religion is " a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs." Stating that only Christianity addresses the true nature of who we are is simply false. If you want to insist, please state non-biased sources for your statement.
I was just answering the question.