Releasing Bottled Up Anger and other emotions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmanlink, Oct 27, 2008.

1. gmanlink

gmanlink Registered Member

I bottle up a lot of emotions. Mostly anger... And I need a way to release that anger...
    (ex. I would want to punch a wall in my house... but I would end up creating a hole... or an indent of my fist in the wall...)
    Help?

2. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I guess like the condom that flew across the room, you are pissed off.

You seem like a good and wise Soul. Many people [including myself once upon a time] never gave the hole in the wall, or indentation a second thought. Just you keep thinking about it, and let your conscience help you be the mature person you are.
    I think using aggression to show your anger only helps make you a more aggressive [disliked by many] person.

Try other things:
    Tidy your room.
    Go for a fast paced walk.
    Take-up a sport, i.e tennis, that's easy, seems effortless, yet you build-up a sweat in no time.

Try different things, but don't damage wall. Apart from anything else, you could end-up with broken bones, or a slashed wrist by punching walls and doors.

3. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

Beat the crap out of a pillow, or go outside and scream really really loud. Thats what I do it helps.

4. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Why bottle it?
    I'm not saying go round bashing people but I find telling people how I feel is a great release.
    If I have a problem with someone I either sort it out with them or just agree to stay away from each other.

Don't get me wrong, I have been known to go nuclear on occasion, but for the most part, that's what works for me. ;)

fragile likes this.
  5. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Do you ever bite your pillow? :p

[Just kidding.]

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I tend to bottle things up too, but when its bad I find it's helpful to just open a word document and get typing! I'm not talking like poetry or anything.. just type and type whatever you feel like... for example just write how you're feeling and what/who is pissing you off.. it doesnt even have to make much sense, just let it all out. Then delete the document. Well thats what I do anyways.

7. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

Yeah...my pillow has taken a lot of abuse from me. I also spend a lot of time taking out my anger on the punching bag.

I do that too...I'll write a very angry letter to the person I am mad at, saying everything I've ever wanted to say and purposely exaggerating everything just to get it all out, and then I'll delete it without ever sending it. It really does help, and it allows me to approach that person with a more level head afterwards.

8. gmanlink

Yeah I bottle up emotions. Punching your pillow isn't really a good idea since feathers will go flying everywhere... and you'll have to clean it all up... blah...
    yeah.. yelling helps... if you want to wake your family or even the entire neighborhood.
    Oh and talking about it with person? Technically, that's called "bitching". And it's hard to find a decent person who will actually listen to what you have to say. (This is one of the reasons why I want a girlfriend so badly)...
    Oh and especially, if someone pisses you off.. and you go talk to them and sort it out... that's like all hell's gone loose... I try to avoid that as much as possible, since most (i would say all, but most) have that kind of personality.
    Any other methods please?

9. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Talking to people about a problem you have with someone ELSE is bitching.
    Getting your head together then sorting it out with the person concerned is not.
    BIG difference!

10. gmanlink

sure.. but then the person concerned would consider it as "(explicit)-ing" because your telling him all the problems you have with that certain person.
    Basically, telling anybody your problems with someone else regardless of how much you think about it, etc. is still "(explicit) -ing"
    ------
    Hence... I need a method of releasing all these bottled up emotions... from... um.. ah... 6th grade... hahaha... That's probably not good for me psychologically...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008