• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Relative of piranha found in Swedish waters

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A relative of the piranha, the pacu, was found in Swedish waters near Oresund Sound last week. It was about ten inches long, but this type of fish can grow to about four times that length.

Testicle-biting Fish Found In Sweden | PlanetSave
Really don't know how this South American fish survived in Sweden but if your going to get any kind of animal that isn't native to your area please don't turn it loose. I hate it when people do that, it can do so much harm to the local species and it has. This fish has been known to eat male genitalia.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I definitely wouldn't want to be bitten by that.

I never really thought about it that way, that people transport animals/fish to a certain location and dump them, I just thought they might somehow just appear there.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
"The problem is that they have been known to attack the male genitalia in places like Papau New Guinea and in South American waters."

Lol damn, I'd be staying well clear of those waters. Especially with fish that go for the balls.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Men have been known to bleed to death when they bite them off too. Not a good idea to go skinny dipping around them. It amazes me that they can survive in the Swedish climate.

We have piranha in our in some of our lakes because of dumping fish when you get tired of taking care of them and that's also why we have pythons in Florida. People were surprised they could survive here since they are a tropical fish.