• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Relationships

Naiwen

Registered Member
So yeah, how's it like, to be in a relationship? Because I've never had one myself, i'd like to know.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It depends. It can be an amazing experience, that is hard to put into words or it can be utterly soul-crushing. You've just got to pick the right person and hope for the best. Haha.

Naiwen

Registered Member
Dating in General

As someone who's never dated anyone, I'd like to know your experiences. I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend in my life. As I mentioned, I'm asexual myself, so I've never been attracted to anyone yet.

Reactions: Sim

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That's a really complicated question, actually. I think relationships can be very different from one couple to the next. Like Det said, you kind of just have to find the person you match with and work it out from there.

From my experience, which really isn't that much, relationships are every single emotion you can think of at different times in that said relationship. It can be wonderful, fun, affectionate and heart breaking, sad, crushing and all that at the same time almost.

You'll just have to try it for yourself. ;)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You really have to meet the right person to be attracted to them. Even then it only works if they are attracted to you. Sometimes you have to kiss a bunch of frogs before you meet your prince.

Taliesin

Registered Member
And sometimes even your prince can turn back into a frog. There's always that too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
And sometimes even your prince can turn back into a frog. There's always that too.
Oh yea they can but I wonder if they didn't see what a frog they were to begin with because of being in love. Love has a way of blinding you to what that person is really like because you only want to see the good in them.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Oh yea they can but I wonder if they didn't see what a frog they were to begin with because of being in love. Love has a way of blinding you to what that person is really like because you only want to see the good in them.
Well, now that I think about it, I guess I subscribe to the school of thought that everyone has their good and bad aspects... so maybe it's a bit misleading to think of someone as purely either a prince/princess or a frog. Maybe there's a bit of both in all of us?

At the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to that whole "for better or for worse" thing. What are you willing to overlook? What are they willing to work on about themselves? Are you willing to do the same? What really matters and what really doesn't when it comes to these kinds of things?

Yeah... a relationship can feel like a constant negotiation of sorts, and in a way maybe that's not a bad thing. It means that there is at least some communication still going on there, and that's always important if both parties are to remain committed.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Relationships are tough. You have to learn to comprimise, not to take the fights personal, and sacrifice is expected. It goes double when you have kids.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Personally, it's been a very emotional roller coaster, I have enjoyed every single second of it though and would never turn time back and change anything.