Relationship Game Changers

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Mirage, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What are some examples of relationship "game changers" for you.

A game changer (for those not familiar with the term) is something that makes you take a serious step back and re-evaluate the situation.

So you are in a relationship and you find out ________ about your bf/gf.

What things, if discovered by you, would you consider to be a game changer, and would it be enough to end the relationship?

Feel free to list a few things and then other people can answer whether or not they would react the same way to such discoveries about their significant other.

Could be as minor as "Your bf/gf really likes a certain band that you absolutely hate and can't understand how anybody could like." Or as major as "It turns out they have been in jail several times in the past and never told you."

And of course everything in between, or even more minor or more major than the examples I gave.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009

2. ILOVEUSA911

ILOVEUSA911 Registered Member

Well THE game changer for me would be cheating. I might be able to forgive them, but I would never forget it and all trust and respect would go out the window.

Lying, is something that could be a game changer, depending on the severity of the lie and what it entailed.

Other than that, I think my hubby and I could get through just about anything.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If he cheated on me more than once (I say more than once because I believe I'd forgive him if he was truly sorry) or if he committed a big crime.

If anyone broke up with their boyfriend/girlfriend because they liked a crap band then that person would need their brain looking at.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

QFT.

Yeah, cheating or any other major breach of trust would seriously change things for me. If I found it they had things in their past such as a criminal conviction or affairs I'd be extremely hurt and most likely very angry for being lied to.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Well I recently found out the girl I was trying to hook up with smokes.

Not pursuing that any further.

Mirage likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah unfortunately I don't think I could date someone that disrespects their body like that. Probably explains my current girlfriend since she's a health nut.

7. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Cheating would be a big one, but somehow with my current bf I couldnt leave him over it, but only if it was a one time thing. If I found out my bf was having a regular affair with some other girl, I wouldn't be able to even look at him.

Something that would instantly make me leave him though would be if he turned out to be abusive. I've been in way too many like that, and I don't intend on dealing with it any longer.

8. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

If she Rick Rolls me just once, I swear to god...

Just kidding.

Cheating has been beaten to death and it's obviously one that I think most people, including myself will agree on.

I don't think I would be able to deal with a girl who was really flirty with other people. Having friends who are guys is totally chill, but being "all up on them" is something that instantly gives me second thoughts, regardless of the intent.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Have you even asked her if she'd give up?

And that stands for... ?

10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

"Quoted for truth." I disagree, though. The woman hasn't been born who could play country music on my car stereo and not get immediately and literally kicked out regardless of vehicular velocity.

Well, maybe one woman I've known could get away with it... but in reality her feel for music and mine meshed perfectly, so it's a moot point.