Relapse

Discussion in 'Music' started by Konshentz, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Who is eagerly awaiting this upcoming CD?

I am, I miss Eminem. Lately, he has gotten a little lazy, I would go 8 years without new Shady music, just for him to go back to pre-Eminem Show days.

I just watched the new video, funny, but i'll be more interested in the diss tracks and serious songs that can only be heard when you buy it. I've never liked his (or really, any rapper's singles).

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I've heard to of his new songs, and tbh, I think they're crap. I liked some of his older music, but I definitely won't be getting the new album.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The singles are just to get the 14 year old white girls to buy his stuff. I'm willing to bet, that there will be at least 2-3 really good songs tucked in between all the bullshit. Eminem is still one of the best rappers alive.... he is just lazy now. You sell millions of records and you lose the "hunger".
    ------
    "We Made You" is growing on me. The more and moe I listen to it, I can hear some of the older Eminem. Obviously not Pre-Eminem Show, but Pre-Encore, before he just went off the rocker. The video is funny, the lyrics are good, the hook is catchy. Everyone always gets on his case about the singles, as a long time Eminem fan, I've grown to love them. Haha.

There is also rumored to be a game diss on there. That would be a pretty good beef. Also, quite a few rappers will make guest appearances on it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

As you know.... I LOVE "We made you". I guess I'm excited to see how many other songs I will like. Because I don't like Crack a Bottle.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Crack A Bottle was pretty catchy. All three rappers had decent verses and the hook was good. It was just nice to hear Dr. Dre on a song while we wait for Detox.

6. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I just don't have as much fun singing it as I do the other one. Haha.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

[​IMG]

01 Dr. West (Skit) 01:29
    02 3am 05:20
    03 My Mom 05:20
    04 Insane 03:01
    05 Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43
    06 Hello 04:08
    07 Tonya (Skit) 00:43
    08 Same Song & Dance 04:08
    09 We Made You 04:30
    10 Medicine Ball 03:57
    11 Paul (Skit) 00:19
    12 Stay Wide Awake 05:20
    13 Old Time’s Sake f. Dr. Dre 04:35
    14 Must Be The Ganja 04:03
    15 Mr. Mathers 00:42
    16 Deja Vu 04:43
    17 Beautiful 06:32
    18 Crack A Bottle f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58
    19 Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29
    20 Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19
    ------
    So, I have been listening to the "leaked" version of this CD for a few days...

Pros: No one in rap has better word play or a better flow, no one.
    Cons: He does that damn corny accent in a few tracks. He needs to knock it off.

Best Tracks: Deja Vu, Same Song & Dance, Beautiful and My Mom.
    Worst Tracks: We Made You, Crack A Bottle, Hello and Medicine Ball.

He is putting out Relapse 2 later this year... I am sure that'll have more guest rappers and a few more serious songs. Not too bad though.

6.5/10

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I agree with you on the Pros and cons, but your worst tracks are my favorites. Those, and 3am. I don't really like that weird accent he does, but it is funny for one or two songs on the album.

9. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Just heard the two bonus tracks that will be on the retail version of the CD. "Careful What You Wish For" and "My Darling".

Both are great and could've easily made the cut for the first CD. It is tough to pick which one is better. I would say "Careful What You Wish For", because it deals with some real good issues with him but "My Darling" is great, Eminem sold his soul to get famous and now the Devil is coming to collect.

10. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

Although I'm not a big fan of rap, rnb, hip hop whatever you wanna call it I've always had a soft spot for Eminem, there is just something about his style that you can really get into. Although I've only heard "Crack a Bottle" and enjoyed it I'm hopeful that he has some decent songs in there. Like some that emulate his earlier days.

On a side not I feel embarrassed to say but I find Asher Roth catchy and can't help singing along to his songs, does this make me a bad person?