• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reintroduction of me

Merricles

Registered Member
Alright, so I have been a member here for a while, and although I have shared about my life I have not really shared much about me. So, this is a short (although lengthy) bit of info about me. Figured the best place to put it was in the intros.

Name: Thomas
Kids: 2+1 adopted
Fav. Color: Purple
Fav. Number: 9
I grew up in poverty and moved all around the US. My mom was attracted to the wrong guys which lead to being over exposed to the negative sides of life from an early age. Until I was about 10, I was lied to and told one man was my father when he wasn't. I did meet my father, on two seperate occasions (one which I lived with him for 3 months). Him and I have almost no relationship at all even now. As a kid, it was a revolving door of 'father figures' for my sister and I. Some were possitive, but mostly not.
Some of the states I have lived in are OR, WA, AZ, MO, KY, and CO. Several cities within those states as well. Of those, I enjoyed OR and AZ the most. A few long time hobbies of mine are Chess, Comic Books and Power Rangers (yes, Im 26 and I still watch Power Rangers).
Fast forward to high school and beyond. I was out of school for 2 years before I joined the Army. Simply got bored with my life and wanted a change, joining was a way to do that. Shortly before my first deployment I married my first wife (who was also my first so called 'true love' from high school). That, well that did not end well at all.
After Iraq, I was kinda loose with the girls and really didn't care about anything but myself. A different girl every few nights and loosing their number the next day. It was during this time that I met my current (and hopefully last) wife. That is a story for another time though. At that point though, I really turned my wife around. I began living for her and our son, and simply put became a better person.
I have a gambling addiction, so I stay away from the card tables. I enjoy COD and my 2 year old son is my best friend. I like to keep to myself more often than not, this is something the wife and I differ in. I am an introvert, she is more of a social creature. Trust me, it is hard finding a middle ground sometimes.
Many of my friends value my guidance in most of lifes issues. Ironic, as I am rarely able to advise myself in the same situations. I figure this is because, aside from simply seeing the facts and knowing the probable results of one action or another, i also have emotions involved.
Well, there is a little about me. I am an open person, so anyone who cares to know me better of befriend me, please feel free.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I am an open person, so anyone who cares to know me better of befriend me, please feel free.

done.

honestly, I always assumed you were older than 26.

this is good. I'm glad you made this thread. :)

Taliesin

Registered Member
It is good to meet you, Thomas. You seem like a pretty straightforward guy, so I'll likewise be straightforward with you. Thanks for the introduction!

Oh, and if you don't mind, I'm-a-gonna friend you, okay?
------
Okay, scratch that. You must have already friended me, or vice versa. Either way, that makes me happy!

Last edited:

Merricles

Registered Member
done.

honestly, I always assumed you were older than 26.

this is good. I'm glad you made this thread. :)

I certainly feel older than 26 on most days. Put me in a room with my boys though, and I'll be 5 again haha.
------
It is good to meet you, Thomas. You seem like a pretty straightforward guy, so I'll likewise be straightforward with you. Thanks for the introduction!

Oh, and if you don't mind, I'm-a-gonna friend you, okay?
------
Okay, scratch that. You must have already friended me, or vice versa. Either way, that makes me happy!

Don't mind if ya do. I think I added you already though haha.

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
Way cool. :) And a lot like me. I had the same poverty & who's dad issues since I was born. well, till I was like 10 or 11 yo but the who's dad thing is still here. Mom married an awesome dude with money and that helped.
What's really interesting is the introvert thing. You had to deal with the same kind of issues that I had to deal with and I'm like extremely shy in RL. Well, online too sometimes. I don't send friend requests cause I'm too shy to send them.

Thanks for sharing.

Dabs

Registered Member
Nice to meet you Merricles!
From the threads I had read, I thought you were a young one, and you are. Maybe you might not think so, but I am 49...so yeppers, 26 is young.
All 4 of my children are older than you...my "baby" is 27.
I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope to see more of your postings. I haven't been lingering here as often as I used to, but I pop in from time to time :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Teorropy Introductions 8
Mirage Introductions 24