Reincarnation

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
[FONT=&quot]I was having this conversation with my mother last night over dinner. And I realized something about her that I didn’t know before. She believes in ‘reincarnation’ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]–[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the belief that our souls are transported to another body after we die. I understand that everyone needs something to believe in So, I started looking more into the topic of reincarnation and I came across an article about a Canadian woman named Sherrie Lea Laird, who claims to be Marilyn Monroe in a past life. Why do weirdos always claim to be famous people in a past life? Why not someone normal? What do you guys think? I think this whole Sherrie Lea Laird-Marilyn Monroe thing is just a hoax. Not that I’m an atheist, I’m spiritual but I don’t follow any particular religion, as it brings me to conflict with others because I end up questioning the scriptures and people label me a “non-believer."
Getting back on topic... what’s your take on reincarnation, taking into consideration Sherrie Lea Laird-Marilyn Monroe issue?[/FONT]

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
There are all kinds of stories out there about people having dreams about being someone else, or having the faintest memories of a "past life", kind of like déjà vu almost.

I'm not entirely sure on where I read it but there was an article about a 3-4 year old girl sitting in a room with her parents as they were watching a special on 9/11. The parents claimed that she looked up at the World Trade Center on the television and said, "I died there", and she went back to whatever she was doing. The parents also claimed that the child had no deaths in the family and had never had the concept of death explained to her. Now, I'm sure there are many, many people out there who have similar stories but as to whether they were really past lives or not is anyone's guess. Some people even claim that they can remember pieces of multiple lives they've lived through in almost every era.

I think the concept of reincarnation is no more 'out there' than that of going to a sanctuary in the sky when you die. I see it as just as plausible as any other religious answer to death.

kcdad

Registered Member
Our elements reincarnate (if you want to use that word)... you are made up of the same atoms as maybe Washington, Marie Antoinette, Cleopatra and Mark Antony... just in different arrangements. Your soul is that one particular arrangement of elements that make you up right now... (which, by the way is CONSTANTLY changing)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Energy is never destroyed. Nor does it dissipate or disappear - it's simply recycled and re-used in a different form. So I suppose I could consider it possible to some degree, but at this point I'm not really for the theory or against it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
[FONT=&quot]. Why do weirdos always claim to be famous people in a past life? Why not someone normal? What do you guys think? I think this whole Sherrie Lea Laird-Marilyn Monroe thing is just a hoax.
reminds me of that scene from Bull Durham.

I believe in karmic ties so I guess I'd have to say yes I believe in reincarnation. There have been people in my life with whom I've shared an immediate connection, as if we've known each other before. As Marc just said, energy can be neither created nor destroyed, and we are made up of energy, so this concept is not physically impossible.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Who's in charge of reincarnation? Would reincarnation not need an intelligent force directing the souls to new bodies?

pedals

Registered Member
Yes, I do think there are guides in the afterlife, and that we can be reincarnated. I don't know about Marilyn, but you never know. Imagine reading something you wrote in a previous life. Especially if it was a bad life that you don't want to remember. And if you remember how you died, and like could practically feel it. I saw a show set in Tibet that proves reincarnation on tv. There's books too. I think one story was of a woman in England. There's no more speculation, just a matter of increasing self knowledge and understanding. Look to the experts' teachings if you're interested. Just because a major religion "doesn't believe in it" or preach it doesn't mean it's not true. Maybe it's just beyond their old scope of understanding. It makes me wonder about the church. It's like, you're only allowed to learn whatever it is they teach? That's assinine. You can only give input if you're part of their exclusive little club. That's how it seems. It's too bad. Some people don't care about the truth or spirit. Do you remember anything?

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
I saw a show set in Tibet that proves reincarnation on tv. There's books too.
How exactly does a TV show "prove" reincarnation?

Just because a major religion "doesn't believe in it" or preach it doesn't mean it's not true. Maybe it's just beyond their old scope of understanding. It makes me wonder about the church. It's like, you're only allowed to learn whatever it is they teach? That's assinine. You can only give input if you're part of their exclusive little club. That's how it seems. It's too bad. Some people don't care about the truth or spirit. Do you remember anything?
Sounds like you're in the same boat. You are entirely convinced reincarnation is real and that it should be taught in churches and that it's ridiculous that they don't accept it...Well, they (The Christian faith) believe in Heaven and are entirely convinced of its authenticity and think its ridiculous that you can't accept that.

No one is certain about the afterlife, regardless of how convinced they may be.

[Edit] And also, how would reincarnation be beyond their "old scope"? Wouldn't the process of reincarnation be just as old as the human species? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I took some more time, to look at some more articles on this topic and there's this woman who claims to Anne Frank in a previous life. Here's the link to the article. (I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put up links, if I'm not then sowwy)

Barbro Karlen - Anne Frank

So anyways, she's a exceptionally good writer, she'd have dreams about being in a camp (I assume a concentration camp) and after she turned 16, it all stopped. Anne Frank died at 16. It could be a hoax or she could be telling the truth. Who knows? I don't know if I believe in it but I do find it very intresting.