Registration of property

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Jan 27, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I don't agree with registration of property. I am begining to learn why it's more of a curse then a blessing. The fact that I have to register my assets for no other reason then the government to know that I have it is something I find a little Big Brother-ish. Allow me to elaborate.

People always tell me the government is not out to get me, I beg to differ. The fact that the government can just come in and basically ruin my life when I choose not to do their bidding is not only tyrannical, it's unconstitutional. Lets say they pass an unconstitutional law like forcing me to buy health care for example. If I don't pay the fine coupled with the fact that they have the tool of knowing what I own and placing a lien on my property to force me to conform to an unconstitutional law is not right.

Sure it starts with things like "oh, it'll help you find your car if it gets stolen". Why is that their concern? Is it not my responsibility to secure my assets? It also gets abused when they claim I owe a tax that I claim I don't owe. If I don't conform, reardless of the evidence... bam! They slap a lien on me and fuck my life up regardless if I am right or not just so they can get my property/money. Why? Because it's government, they don't have our best interests at heart. They are only concerned about their political future and preservation of their power. They don't like that and have no regard to constitutional law...

The fact that I have to register with the state does nothing for me, but gives them unlimited power to control me to do their bidding by taking away that registration, mortgage, property, loan, paycheck etc... just so I am forced to do what they want regardless if it is constitutional or not.

I was just strong armed by the state of Maryland using the above scenario... again it proves that my car registration does nothing to expand my freedom, but only gives the state leverage to force me to do shit I would not otherwise do because they are wrong.

"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

Discuss...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So what happens when someone gets run over by a car without a license plate? I believe that would become the new "perfect murder". Bottom line pro, I agree with you to an extent about government power but some things should be necessary like automobiles. There's simply too much responsibility and risk involved in owning one.

What other property did you have in mind?

3. pro2A

So why not have a system where a private company can cover identification of cars that work with law enforcement? My point is the government has no business knowing what I own. It is not their place. I can understand identifying a car, just not registering it into a government database saying that XYZ person owns it. The government more often then not uses that information to abuse it's power and coerce you into doing their bidding.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So when is the last time the government abused it's car database knowledge? Also, I don't even want to begin to imagine the potential nightmares of a private company owning that information.

5. pro2A

And the government I'm sure is much more efficient and moral in those matters :rolleyes: The state of Maryland just placed a lien on my car regardless of the evidence I set forth that I don't owe the tax they claim I do. The fact that I have to register my car in order to drive it means if the government doesn't like what I do... i.e. refute their claim... they can just use the system to force me to do their bidding by basically threatening me that they'll seize my property. By doing that they know I'll be forced to pay or they'll take my car because of how the system is set up.

Do you honestly think the founders wanted the government to seize, place a lien or levy your property without due process or a warrant just because you dispute a claim of a tax owed?

That is why I am against registration of property. If you don't have to register your property, the government has no leverage on you when you don't do what they want you to do. I follow the law, I pay my taxes, but I'll be damned if I am strong armed by the state to do what is blatantly unconstitutional. Registration of your person (Social Security number) and your property is how they do it.