• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reflections Of Elvis

Dabs

Registered Member
To some he may not have been very important, and to some he was a legend, but today January 8, if he had still been living, Elvis Presley would be celebrating his 76th birthday~
Not sure how many of yunz here liked his music or his movies, but I happen to think he was much better at singing than he was at acting.
I didn't care for his movies much....but I did his songs, he had a great voice...he definitely had the charm.
I can remember exactly what I was doing the moment the radio announced "The King Is Dead"......what a shock!
I had just gotten married 9 days before his death.
I didn't worship the dude, didn't really listen to his music that often......but, I still liked him.
A couple of my favorite songs by him are You Were Always On My Mind and Suspicious Minds.
Anyone ever wonder what the King would be doing these days, if he were still with us??
I wonder, would he be roaming the mansion Graceland??...like a lost puppy, because his age would have eventually led to his 'retirement'...if the drugs or anything else hadn't.
Anyway, some liked him, some didn't......but he's like a Michael Jackson or a John Lennon......his music will always be loved.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Oh, I didn't know it was today.

I really love some Elvis songs. I have a soft spot for him since he's my Grandma's favourite singer. We're sending her and her sister over to Graceland later this year as a birthday present, actually, and she couldn't speak for crying when she found out. I went with my family a few years ago and it was interesting to say the least.

Wouldn't like to picture how Elvis would be if he were still around today, to be honest. I'll always 'remember' him as what he was in his prime, though.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I love his music, i grew up in a house of Rock n Roll and Elvis was a big musical influence; i even remember a Fat Elvis portrait in our house when i was young :D

Return to Sender is my fave song, along with Hound Dog and Heartbreak Hotel; my dad sings Heartbreak Hotel too ^.^

I'm not sure what he'd be doing today, i would like to think that he'd be enjoying retirement rather than 'roaming' Graceland; i like to think he'd be relaxing with family and enjoying whatever days he has left.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Today should be a National holiday. My dad has every single album, including vinyl, clocks, movies, you name it. So I grew up listening to Elvis pretty much all my life, and his music never gets old. I am a huge fan of his as well, with the exception of his movies and there will never be another artist like him.

Dabs

Registered Member
Today should be a National holiday. My dad has every single album, including vinyl, clocks, movies, you name it. So I grew up listening to Elvis pretty much all my life, and his music never gets old. I am a huge fan of his as well, with the exception of his movies and there will never be another artist like him.

I agree GB....it's nice to see more Elvis fans :)
He "shook" up the world didn't he?? :lol:
And I doubt there ever will be anyone that can top him.
I live in the state where Graceland is...and yet, I haven't gotten myself over that way to visit, but one day I'd like to!

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I agree GB....it's nice to see more Elvis fans :)
He "shook" up the world didn't he?? :lol:
And I doubt there ever will be anyone that can top him.
I live in the state where Graceland is...and yet, I haven't gotten myself over that way to visit, but one day I'd like to!
You should go visit Graceland, the house he lived in is really nice. The only downer is that some of the rooms are not open for the public. :-/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a huge fan of Elvis but I do enjoy some of his songs, I can't really comment on his movies because I've only seen bits and parts. He was a legend though, one of the best performers of all-time, I put him in the top three. I can't believe he would of been 76 years-old if he was still living today.

My favorite song for the King of Rock is Jailhouse Rock.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I actually haven't listened to that much of Elvis, but what I have heard has been pretty solid. He was definitely a talented singer. It's unfortunate that he got into drugs. Its so unfortunate that so many of the greats died so early, depriving us of great music.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its so unfortunate that so many of the greats died so early, depriving us of great music.
I totally agree with this statement. A lot of them is due to drugs and alcohol. Here's a small list of musicians that died pretty young for some reason or another:

-Michael Jackson
-Elvis
-Kurt Cobain
-Tupac
-Freddy Murcury
-Janis Joplin
-John Lennon
-Bon Scott
-Buddy Holly
-Jimi Hendrix
-Jim Morrison

That's just to name a few. I know I'm forgetting some important ones, but that's just from the top of my head.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I am HUGE Elvis fan I am was lucky enough to seem him in concert at the Richfield Colosseum in Cleveland Ohio October 23, 1976. and he was over weight but he put on 1 hell of a show and I will never ever forget that show ever.