Redskins Trade For Dolphins' Taylor

Vegito728

Registered Member
After losing defensive end Phillip Daniels for the season, the Washington Redskins moved quickly to fill the void.

The Redskins acquired Jason Taylor from the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

The Dolphins will receive a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010.

According to ESPN.com's John Clayton, Taylor told the Redskins he did not need to renegotiate and was willing to play for the final two years of his contract. He is scheduled to make $8.1 million this season. With around $9 million of cap room, the Redskins were able to work the trade quickly.

The Dolphins had been waiting for an opportunity to trade Taylor, who asked to be moved to a playoff contender at the beginning of the offseason. Before the draft, the Dolphins were asking for a first-round draft choice. They lowered the demand later to a second-rounder.

Taylor didn't win over Miami executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells by missing all of the team's offseason work while competing in ABC's "Dancing With The Stars."

The six-time Pro Bowl defensive end -- who was the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year -- fell out of favor in Miami after spending his offseason on a TV show rather than working out with teammates.

Rest of the story: ESPN - Skins trade for Dolphins' Taylor after Daniels goes down - NFL

I think Taylor is going to help out the Redskins D a LOT. He's a very good player. Thoughts?

Last edited:

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
After losing defensive end Phillip Daniels for the season, the Washington Redskins moved quickly to fill the void.

The Redskins acquired Jason Taylor from the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

The Dolphins will receive a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010.

According to ESPN.com's John Clayton, Taylor told the Redskins he did not need to renegotiate and was willing to play for the final two years of his contract. He is scheduled to make $8.1 million this season. With around $9 million of cap room, the Redskins were able to work the trade quickly.

The Dolphins had been waiting for an opportunity to trade Taylor, who asked to be moved to a playoff contender at the beginning of the offseason. Before the draft, the Dolphins were asking for a first-round draft choice. They lowered the demand later to a second-rounder.

Taylor didn't win over Miami executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells by missing all of the team's offseason work while competing in ABC's "Dancing With The Stars."

The six-time Pro Bowl defensive end -- who was the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year -- fell out of favor in Miami after spending his offseason on a TV show rather than working out with teammates.

Rest of the story: ESPN - Skins trade for Dolphins' Taylor after Daniels goes down - NFL

I think Taylor is going to help out the Redskins D a LOT. He's a very good player. Thoughts?
I heard this when I woke up this morning, great pick up for my Skins, hopefully Taylor will come in with a chip on his shoulder after all the crap he caught in Miami for the Dancing with the Stars show and be a huge difference maker on the D.
Hail to the Redskins!
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Hail Victory![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Braves on the Warpath![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Fight for old D.C.![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Touchdown! -- Let the points soar![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Hail to the Redskins![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Hail Victory![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Braves on the Warpath![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Fight for old D.C.![/SIZE][/FONT]

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Really a move they had to make due to the injuries if they wanted to stay a playoff team. I heard Clayton say that if Taylor gets injured during camp that the skins are screwed, but I don't see that happening. JT takes very good care of his health.
He can also get to the QB so this will allow the skins defense some leg room on the questionable DB depth. I was pretty sure that whatever team Taylor landed on they would be happy with his production. Even if it declines a little because of a new system, he'll still be game planned around.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The thing about this trade is that Taylor might only want to play one more season in the NFL, he has stated that he wanted to become an actor, so if he does play only one season then the Dolphins defenitely win this trade. They made some cap space and they got a second round draft pick out of it.

With that being said Taylor will defenitely be helping this Skins defense, he's one of the best defensive ends in the NFL and with Daniels out for the season, then he's going to be able to replace him.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It was obviously a desperation trade that will help the 'Skins for one to two more seasons.

If they finish in the cellar they should consider drafting a pass rushing DE in the first round soon.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Figures the Redskins would make a trade like this. It might turn out well for them but it'll probably end up backfiring.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
As a Skins fan I hope this works out, if Taylor can play at a pro bowl level like he has in the past and the Skins can get at least 2 seasons from him that leaves them time to look for another DE in the draft to help add a little depth to that position when Daniels returns.