• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Redskins eliminated; starting Grossman over McNabb

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Redskins' McNabb benched for Grossman vs Cowboys - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

He has a 77.1 QB rating, 14 TDs, and 15 INTs with a sad 58.3% completely percentage. That's just about on par with Rex's career stats, though I believe Rex has a ton of fumbles.

Is this the end for McNabb in Wash? It looks like they're trying to see what Rex has left in the tank before the off season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
McNabb just signed an extension with the Redskins, he's not going anywhere. This is another dumb move by Mike Shanahan, he's made so many terrible decisions this year that he should be the one leaving this franchise. I understand that the Redskins have been eliminated from making the postseason but this move makes no sense whatsoever. Grossman won't be battling for a starters spot next season, he's already had his chance to shine so the coaching staff knows what he's all about. Every thing about this move is idiotic in my opinion.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm not going to argue Grossman is better than McNabb but I've always felt McNabb was very overrated. He's a good solid QB but he's no superstar. He chokes in big games and has always been inconsistent. I have to wonder why the Redskins made a move for him to begin with.

At this point I can understand why they might go with Rex. See if he's improved, see how well he understands the offense. Although if you're basically playing for next year I'd keep McNabb in just to familiarize himself with your offense and get more acquainted with your team.

Doc

V.I.P.
I just thought of something -- they might be playing for a higher pick, too.

Babe, the Redskins have an "out" clause in that contact that states he's only guaranteed $3.75 million if he's cut or traded. If he was injured this year he'd be due $25 million more than that.

Full article on the signing: Source: Donovan McNabb due just $3.75M if cut after '10 - ESPN

The Redskins were locking up his rights in case they didn't have a better option at QB in the future.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Considering I need Santana Moss to have a big game for me in FF I am not happy about this at all. Otherwise I couldn't care less. When the season is over for your team, you might as well let other guys play and see what they can do.

BigBob

Registered Member
I hope they cut him. Mainly because we need some kind of quarterback in Minnesota, depending on how Joe Webb does full time as a starter this week and next.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Mike Shanahan did state that he might not be on the team next year, and he also stated that he doesn't believe that McNabb would be able to convince him in the next three games that he's the Quarterback of this team, which is why he decided to give Grossman a chance. I know this is one of the worst years of McNabb's career, but in my opinion he gives you the better chance to win the game, not Grossman.

Doc

V.I.P.
and he also stated that he doesn't believe that McNabb would be able to convince him in the next three games that he's the Quarterback of this team
He didn't say that. He said that McNabb wouldn't show him anything he hasn't seen in the previous 13 games.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Considering I need Santana Moss to have a big game for me in FF I am not happy about this at all. Otherwise I couldn't care less. When the season is over for your team, you might as well let other guys play and see what they can do.

Guess things turned out pretty well huh? :lol: Grossman had a great day yesterday. Almost beat Dallas.

Blueyes

Registered Member
McNabb's not gonna be in Washington next season. I think the Vikings will probably pick him up for next season. Washington needs to find some team that will pay his 11 Mil for next season and he's all theirs. But there were some clauses in his contract made with the Redskins that if he didn't play a full season his salary was going to get cut, how much, I'm not sure at the moment but it would.