Redneck Stonehenge

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is pretty good. This guy has lived here since he was 7, working on a farm that was apparently passed through generations.

Well his new neighbors are complaining about the smell and some other obvious side effects of farming such a dust, etc. It's a farming community, what did they expect when they moved there?

He was there first and he has the right to farm his land. He even offered to pay for half the cost of building a fence between their properties but they didn't want to ruin their view with a fence.

Well he decided to have some fun and make a point at the same time. He took three cars that he had wrecked in demolition derby's and "planted" them vertically in the ground at the edge of his property.

FOXNews.com - 'Redneck Stonehenge': Utah Farmer Builds Fence From Wrecked Autos to Send Message to Neighbors - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

[​IMG]

Dubbed "Redneck Stonehenge" by the media, I can't help but chuckle when I see this. More power to him. :nod:

2. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Well, they knew they would be living next to a farm when they moved in. What did they expect? Him to move as soon as they moved in? If they don't want to live next to a farm they shouldn't have purchased that plot of land. They are idiots. I fully support the farmer.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Good for him. He has all the right in the world to do with his land what he wants. He's a farmer. Farms stink. It's common sense.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I kind of expect him to take down the cars but only if his neighbors get the message he is trying to send. Basically they need to stop complaining about him farming his FARM that was there long before they built their houses.

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

The article stated that he does not intend it to be permanent. Also, it states that he has resolved issues with his neighbors and they are on good terms.

6. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Funny stuff, this guy is my hero.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Ugh... I dislike when I hear new neighbors complaining about something.

Funny story and picture. His pose looks like Randy Orton (WWE reference). I guess the cars will block their view instead of a fence. :lol:

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

those cars are awesome, although if I were his neighbors I would complain if he didn't take down the cars eventually, I'd knock them down myself if I had to.

seriously though.... Who KEEPS their wrecked cars? This is about the only use for them.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It looks like he was going to use them for derby cars, according to the article. I think they misunderstood him because they don't look like they had been used in a derby yet.

10. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Unless he slammed those cars into the ground with his bare hands, this is un-amazing.