• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Redbull creator passes away at age 89

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
News from The Associated Press

State media in Thailand say the self-made Thai billionaire who created the renowned Red Bull energy drink three decades ago has died at age 89.

Three decades ago surprised me...I thought it was a new brand haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah I thought it was more like 15 years old, lol. RIP to the man that got me started on my biggest vice. Red Bull was the first energy drink I ever tried obviously. I assume that he was the one to really get them started; if so a sincere thanks to the guy that gives me something to enjoy in the morning as work gets started.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
RIP to the man that makes Jager Bombs taste good and make you have a good time. Thank you man!!!

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
RIP to the man that proved you don't have to be a big name such as Ferrari, McClaren or Mercedes in order to do well in the Formula 1.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
He must of been about 60 when he came up with Red Bull. Guess its never to late to achieve a new goal. RIP

wooly

I am the woolrus
I remember being just a little kid when Red Bull first came out in Ireland. Every single adult was telling us not to go near it so, so drinking it felt as rebellious as getting drunk at the time :p

Like generalblue, i pretty much just see Red Bull as one of the key ingredients of a jagerbomb.... which makes Chaleo Yoovidhya is one of the most important men in history!!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
This is awkward because I thought RedBull has been around more than 30 years. At least he gets legit wings now..

R.I.P

BigBob

Registered Member
I guess I'm in the minority because I would have guessed that Red Bull has been around for 10-years.

RIP to him.