• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

REDBLACKS win 104th Grey Cup

Where does this Grey Cup rank amongst the greatest?

• Memorable

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Not Memorable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brody

Wow what a game! That's what everyone was thinking after the Ottawa REDBLACKS stunned the heavily favoured Calgary Stampeders 39-33 in overtime to win one of the greatest Grey Cup games of recent memory. The REDBLACKS who were the first team with a losing record (8-9-1) to make it to the Grey Cup game since the 2001 Stampeders got out to a 20 point lead early in the third quarter. I thought it was all over. But the Stamps proved why they led the CFL in second half comebacks this season. Calgary came back to tie it at 33 at the end of regulation. Then in OT, Henry Burris to Ernest Jackson remined Ottawa fans of Clements to Gabriel 40 years ago. (As a Saskatchewan fan I tend to not remember that moment) Then Ottawa stopped Calgary on third down and for the first time since 1977 Ottawa has a Grey Cup championship.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was one hell of a game, maybe one of the best Grey Cups. If this was hockey, it would have been a road hockey game. Last goal wins!

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Caught about the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and the OT and it definitely was insane. Dave Dickenson had his own Pete Carroll moment while having BOTH Bo Levi Mitchell & Jerome Messam on the bench in a key moment in the game. Unreal.