• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Red Steel controls

jumpingtheflag

Red Steel was one of the first games I got with my Wii. I got Zelda, Red Steel, and Trauma Center (which is awesome). I played through Red Steel really quick. However, since playing more games, I have gone back to Red Steel and find it's almost unplayable because of the clumsy, fumbling controls. Which is so amusing because Ubisoft made such a big deal about the game's control being a showcase of what the game can do. Elebits makes use of an almost identical control scheme and tightened it up incredibly. So: anyone else have problems with Red Steel controls?

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Shouldn't it have a built in calibration for you to be able to change the sensitivity and motions? That might help you out a little.

jumpingtheflag

Oh indeed it does. No, the problem I'm having is a fundamental flaw in the control design. The targeting reticule dances about like a drunk ballerina, and the scroll/turning of the screen is like dragging an incapacitated ox across the screen.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
To be fair, it takes a while for all new things to come around. Ever see how buggy Oblivion is? Remember how crappy early PS2 games were? It'll get better, that's why I never buy into the first year of new systems.

Arielle

I think the controls in Red Steel work perfectly. They're very intuitive. However, I stopped playing the game because I accidentally entered a mission I already beat, and I do not want to go through it again. :mad:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can't you go back and pick up where you left off?

I think games like this are still in the "experimental" stages when it comes to exactly what will work and not work with the Wii. You'd think they would have done a TON of preliminary testing to make sure they set everything up the best way but different people will always have different opinions.