• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Red Sox sign Carlos Delgado to minor league deal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Red Sox sign Carlos Delgado to minor league deal - USATODAY.com

Glad to see my boy back in the Majors. They say it will take him two weeks to get ready, and should be in the Majors in a few weeks.

He's close to hitting 500 home runs, he would need another full year to reach that milestone.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Man, the Red Sox are real desperate right now.

I love Delgado from his days in Toronto but those days are certainly far behind him. It is hard to say what he has left in his tank. He is aging and coming off hip surgery. I think he will provide Boston with some decent power off the bench but I wouldn't expect much more out of him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he still as something left to prove, and even though the Red Sox currently have a lot of injuries, they must of seen something in him while he was trying out. Delgado should see a lot of playing time, especially with Youk out of the lineup. I wish him all the best.