Red Sox acquire Hinske from the Blue Jays

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Espn.com said:
TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays traded outfielder Eric Hinske and cash to the Boston Red Sox on Thursday for a player to be named.

Hinske, who can also play first and third, is hitting .264 with 12 home runs and 29 RBI.

The emergence of right fielder Alex Rios and the offseason acquisitions of third baseman Troy Glaus and first baseman Lyle Overbay affected Hinske's playing time.

The 29-year-old Hinske won the 2002 AL rookie of the year award with Toronto. He was pulled from the lineup shortly before the start of Wednesday's 8-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Florida.
I think he's a great pick-up for the Sox as they need some more fielders and depth to their bench. Hopefully he'll get some good playing time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He never had any chance to play. Now that Alex Rios is healthy, Hinske was the odd man out, because their fourth outfielder is Reed Johnson, and he couldn't really play the DH position because that was platoon by Zaun and Molina. This is the best thing for him, and the Blue Jays especially Coach Gibbons.