Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gwiz, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

My friend just recently gotten the red ring of death on his Xbox 360. I heard that this is becoming a prevelant problems for the Xbox 360. It is estimated that 33% of the consoles out there will happened. My friend just called customer service and getting his repair. After so long after the release, you would think Microsoft has figure out already. I hope the Xbox 360 version 4 is much better.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think they're still "working on it," to be honest. I have a friend who's been through several Red Rings of Death, so he bought a Wii to hold him over while it's being repaired again.

3. BigBrotha

BigBrotha New Member

I heard the ring of death is caused when you 360's internal componets get to hot, and basically fry. My PERSONAL suggestion, is that you put it horizontally, and make sure to keep it away from obsticals that block the vents to keep the system from getting too hot. You can also try blowing a fan on the system while you are playing to keep it extra cool. Also, try turning off the system and taking a break from playing for a while every so often to let your system cool down, and to give your eyes a break. Thats what I do, and it has worked so far. Not ring of death (knock on wood). But remember, I am not a professional! ;)

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I have heard the towel trick works (one person I know who has done it got it to come back to life)

but remember, MS extended everyones warrenty to 3 years (sinking 1 billion into repairing them)

5. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Yeah it really makes me think twivce aout getting an Xbox 360.

I will at least be getting a Wii, mostly for my wife.

6. Doc

The newer models have fixed the red ring of death problem for good, it's the older ones you've gotta watch out for.

Heh, this is why you always wait a year or two before you pick a system.

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

why? Nintendo has never had a major problem... sure im on my second GC because of my kids grubby little paws... my launch Wii had been dropped from 5 feet 3 times, and it still works (even though both GC covers are broken)

It all comes down to makeing a superrior product and manufacturing. Last problem Nintendo had in that dept was the crappy 72 pinners in the NES

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Nintendo's stuff has always been pretty durable. GameCube did seem to have a lot of laser reader problems though. I know of several people who's GC's stopped playing discs after a few years. Turned out to be a bad laser or something.

9. Doc

I've seen the laser problem, too, but you are right on their durability. Nintendo's systems are very, very well designed.

10. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Registered Member

Strangely enough, I'm on my fourth Xbox and I've only had the three red lights once :S