Red Dead Redemption

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've actually never played the previous game. How as it? What was the gameplay like? I'd rather ask someone who played it rather than consult some gaming website.

Ryuk

Registered Member
I've actually never played the previous game. How as it? What was the gameplay like? I'd rather ask someone who played it rather than consult some gaming website.
Simply put - Go pick it up, Rockstar did a great job with this one. The analogy most of my friends used was "Max Payne In The Old West", that holds some validity in the whole "Deadeye" shooting system that gives you the whole "tunnel vision"/slowdown gunning element, plus you get the oldschool style shootouts and other western cliche's (train holdup, horseback shootouts) but it was all incredibly well done.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I can agree, Red Dead Revolver was simply fantastic. I loved it and played it a few times. I remember going from RDR to Darkwatch and being flat out depressed over how not similar the two were.

I remember way back in the day when I first got the PS2... Rockstar was promising a GTA esque game that was 'sposed to be set in the Western times. I remember thinking that RDR was gonna be it, but that game just wasnt Sandboxy enough. None the less it was a great game, you can bet I'll add Redemption to my collection when its released.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rockstar: Red Dead Redemption

GTA, Far Cry and Fallout meet the Wild Wild West in this new game from Rockstar Games for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Red Dead Redemption

Sandbox, in the Wild Wild West.

Initial thoughts/reactions? I think this could be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I think the Old West Genre in games is best done with a sandbox style. I liked the open world feel of Gun, but I'd love to see more activities you can engage in.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So my prayers have been answered then and this is in fact the SandBox western they've tantalized me with all these years!

The pics are awesome, I now have something to look forward to in the PS3 world! This game just jumped up to the top of my "Cant wait for it" list.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah ice, and the best part is that the PS3 version should knock the socks off of the Xbox 360 version. So much more room for better graphics and bigger areas.

Unless Microsoft pays them off again to make the PS3 version worse. I doubt it though. PS3 has been white hot lately. There's no reason to dumb down the game so it's the same for Xboxers and PS3ers. Take each system to its max if you ask me.

I'll hopefully have my PS3 by the time this comes out.