Recycling/Littering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Do you recycle?

The company that I work for is known for being environmentally friendly and we constantly get e-mails asking us to use the correct bins for plastic and aluminium etc. Personally I will always recycle, it takes a few seconds to put something in the right bin but we've had people complain about being asked to recycle and I don't understand why.

It takes a few seconds to put something in the bin right, but you still get people that just throw their rubbish on the ground and it really annoys me. I feel like I'm walking through a town of empty packets because where I live it's like people haven't heard of a bin.

There's so many bins around, why can't people be bothered to use them? :mad:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I always recycle unless I'm somewhere that doesn't have a recycling bin. It doesn't take much effort and it's great for the environment. Unfortunately some people just don't care.

Littering is one of my biggest pet peeves. It really pisses me off when I see garbage laying on the ground.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Or when people throw garbage out of their car as they drive, i.e. fast food wrappers, cups, cigarettes, etc. It's so selfish and inconsiderate of the environment.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I always recycle and always put stuff in the trash while out in public, all you are accomplishing by littering is damaging the city that you live in and saving a few seconds to not throw something away, nobody wants to live in a garbage dump.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, that kind of thing really bothers me. One of my friends (sort of, I don't really like the guy anymore) does it all the time. I've found his garbage on the street right in front of my house a few times. It's ridiculous.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I do recycle, but if there ain't a bin, I ain't fucking gonna search for a bin, I just throw it on the ground. It ends up somewhere anyway.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

I never think about whats paper/plastic when i throw it out.. i just throw it in the trash haha.. fuck the planet its gonna rot either way, not like ME i can make a difference. for every person that recycles 100 dont give a shit.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I don't litter because I wasn't raised to throw my trash on the ground. And here in Brooklyn, NY where I live, there's always a garbage can or trash barrel handy.

As for recycling, I couldn't care less. The planet Earth has been doing just fine for millions of years without my help and I have total faith that it will continue to do so.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Well the reason I made this thread was because I opened my front door the other day to find crisp packets and chocolate bar wrappers in my front garden - right amongst the flowers!! I just couldn't believe someone went to the trouble of littering near/in my garden.

padd - if you did your little bit you'd be helping the world a lot. You just can't be bothered.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

We specifically bought a bin that has several compartments which makes sorting easier. I know some people can't be bothered because it's probably time consuming to actually think which goes where, when all they want is to throw garbage. But if my 5yo son can figure it out, surely it's not rocket science.

Sometimes when I need to throw something in public and can't find a bin, I keep it with me until I find one or when I get home. The thing about public bins, they're rarely separate for recycling purposes. Everything goes in the same bag. Still, it's not an excuse to not use it. I see some people who play with it like shooting hoops. But when they miss, they don't even bother picking up the trash. *sigh*