• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Records from the 70's and 80's

TGirl

Registered Member
My husband has a huge a** box of records from the 70's and 80's.....I don't really know what is in there but I am sure it is hard rock kinda stuff from that time.....do you think it would pay to list them??? I mean after fee's and such??
I know that there is Van Halen and Sammy Hagar in there as that was his fav and still is...but CD's came out and now the box has been in the garage ever since I met my hubby....
I would take pic's and stuff of each one, but I don't want to loose my back side in listing fee's and such....

what do you all think???

~Trina~

Nanner

Registered Member
Keep an eye on the garage auction records. A bunch of them I have on vinal so the same era. See how they do since quite a few of them are popular ones. Just a thought......

TGirl

Registered Member
Which auction is that...I am going to go get them out and look through them and give ya all a idea of what I have.....just incase anyone knows if it will be worth it.........

Nanner

Registered Member
Tonyspokers auctions. The garage stuff.

As for what vinal would be worth? No idea except what someone would be willing to pay for them :D

If they are worth a lot I have crates full (all pretty much mint) that would be cool to sell..... but then I'd have to hire a divorce lawyer and things could get messy.........

Last edited:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I listed some old records a few weeks ago and let me tell you it was the BIGGEST pain in the butt I have ever delt with selling on ebay. It was almost impossible for me to find a dang box to mail them in. In all honesty, it wasn't worth what little money I made off of them!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all. If you are going to sell your old records don't do it on eBay. You will make little to no money. With the all retro stores poping up I would sell them there or to a used record/CD store or wait for a collectors show. There 3 that travle around. But you won't get squat. Also look in your local papers (clasified section) for collectors or people who buy used records and CDs. I have tried to sell them on eBay in the past and no dice. Hope this helps................ :warp:

TGirl

Registered Member
Yes it does...cuz I don't want to pay through the nose with ebay fee's to get no where with them

Thank you

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There are a few 70s records that are worth some dough. Street Survivor by Lynard Skynard comes to mind. The collectible one is the one where the band is on fire on the cover.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Nightsurfer said:
Hi all. If you are going to sell your old records don't do it on eBay. You will make little to no money. With the all retro stores poping up I would sell them there or to a used record/CD store or wait for a collectors show. There 3 that travle around. But you won't get squat. Also look in your local papers (clasified section) for collectors or people who buy used records and CDs. I have tried to sell them on eBay in the past and no dice. Hope this helps................ :warp:
Very glad someone here remembers that not everything needs to go on ebay....remember consignment stores? There are lots of other ways to hawk your goods. Garage sales, Swap meets.....stuff like that ladies. (oh and gentlemen)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Sports 5
Millz Wrestling 4
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 2
Babe_Ruth Sports 17
Hilander Music 6