• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Recording your sleep

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
In a none dodgy way have you ever recorded you or your partner sleeping either with a camera or with a tape recorder? There is an app that records your voice as you sleep and I am considering getting it but would you want to? As it is your subconcious and therefore you most honest thoughts would you worry about playing it back? That you or your partner may say something you would never say out loud? What if something wierd came on screen? If you do imagine things going bump in the night maybe they do? Would this freak you out?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I have an app on my iPhone that does that. It's pretty awesome, as long as you actually say something in your sleep. I don't tend to very much, but my girlfriend does. Also, my brother has a recording of him saying something like "Ocean? No, tequila, motherfuckers!" which is clearly money well spent. :p

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
That sounds cool actually. I'd probably get a bit freaked out hearing it at first but as long as I listened to it in comfy surroundings then it can't be that bad surely haha.

And I wouldn't care if I was saying things I wouldn't say out loud. I used to follow the blog posts of a woman who documented her husbands sleep talk and he would say the most violent/rude things sometimes, although apparently he's a very polite and well-mannered man. That blog/website was pretty hilarious, can't remember what it's called now though.

I think most people just speak random crap whilst they sleep, not necessarily a gateway to the subconscious. I've only been told I have done it a few times because when I'm sleeping in the same room as other people they're usually always asleep before me. So I'd be interested to try this... but I'll probably be lazy and never bother.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I stumbled across the app on the iPhone but never bothered to use it. I actually do sleep talk a lot and might do this tonight just to see the results.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Sleep-talking is scary and my dad does it a lot, almost everynight lol. He says random stuff, some of them weird. I've been told I sleep talk and when I sleep with other people I'm always afraid of saying something I shouldn't be saying out loud. Lol. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to record my sleep. Sounds like a horror movie. What if I happen to record the voice of a ghost instead of mine? Lmao

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Recorded myself last night, it was mostly breathing and odd snore or two. No sleep talk yet :(

JiMMySnoW

Registered Member
In a none dodgy way have you ever recorded you or your partner sleeping either with a camera or with a tape recorder? There is an app that records your voice as you sleep and I am considering getting it but would you want to? As it is your subconcious and therefore you most honest thoughts would you worry about playing it back? That you or your partner may say something you would never say out loud? What if something wierd came on screen? If you do imagine things going bump in the night maybe they do? Would this freak you out?
Wow we have to chat sometime

I am currently recording all my dreams, as you state
As it is your subconcious and therefore you most honest thoughts
I do this as I am practising 'Astral Projection', if you don't know of this I suggest this being a more direct approach to take to accessing different states of mind. I don't think recording ones sleep talking is bad, however could have a negative effect on someone with the wrong perception on the dream you are having. All depends how open you are with you partner?

Cube

Registered Member
Lol. I have recorded myself before on a time lapse. It is a feature on my old camera. :D

lukeyboy

Registered Member
I have never recorded myself sleeping nor have i been recorded BUT i do get told i sleep talk a lot and apparently me and my sisters had a conversation across our bedrooms :lol: