Record Labels Eat What They're Shoveling: Facing $6 billion for Pirating

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Merc, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Record Labels Face $6 Billion Damages for Pirating Artists | TorrentFreak

This makes me laugh because the recording industry has gone batshit fucking crazy in the last few years with their lawsuits against college students and high school kids downloading music yet they're ripping off their own musicians at the same time.

What a load of fuck.

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

For the most part, I haven't really had a problem with them going after people who pirate their music. But this is ridiculous.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll look for some more stories, but the recording industry really has gone off the deep end lately. Instead of going after sites that offer pirated music and such, they go after college kids (basically, their fan base) and blow their lives to shit with insane lawsuits which really do nothing for them since they've missed the real target. It's like having two leaks in a boat, one is the size of a pinhead, the other a soccer ball. The recording industry is going after all the pin sized leaks and leaving the gaping wounds free to make more pin holes.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Good, now they know how we feel every time they bitch about people are "stealing" from them. You reap what you sow, they say.