• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Recommended Dreamcast Titles.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I have had a Dreamcast for about 2 years now. though I only have 2 games!

Demolition Racer
Re-Volt (imported game with DC-X disk)

as you see from above, I have a disk that allows me to play import titles also!

What games would you recommend for DC owners?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think it was Jet-Jet Revolution or something like that. It was a really fun roller-skating game that had some fun objectives. House of the Dead 2 was alright, and Crazy Taxi was an original DC title. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were fun, also.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Ive played the Sonics on GC along with Crazy Taxi

are you talking about Jet Grind Radio?

Ive read about that game in gamepro a long while ago... looked interesting, Any more?

dk_rare

Registered Member
Jet Set Radio (aka Jet Grind Radio)
Space Channel 5
Sword of the Bersurk (MINT!)
Soul Calibur
Crazy Taxi
All the Sonics (good for a laugh, very arcade)
That maracas game (need maracas)
That fish game (need microphone)
Shenmue

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crazy taxi was one of the first games I played for Dreamcast when it first came out along with Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. I remember thinking how awesome the graphics were.

The Dreamcast is actually considered as part of the same generation of consoles as GameCube, PS2 and XBOX, but it obviously didn't do as well.

The sonic games are pretty decent, but I totally agree with dk_rare. They are very arcade feeling, but if that's a plus in your book, then by all means go for sonic! :)

Albey

Registered Member
I played ready to rumble at the mall.. I still love that game today..

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, Ready 2 Rumble is a good game, same for Jet Grind Radio.

Soul Calibur was and is a great fighting game. Both Sonic Adventures had some great levels. House of the Dead 2 was good fun, even without a light gun. But those have all been suggested already, so I'll name a couple other titles.

Power Stone is a really fun and unique fighting game. You run around freely into a 3D environment and you can interact with objects. You can rip trees out of the ground and swing them, jump off of walls, throw tables and chairs, and hang from the ceiling. That's only to name a few things, too.

Grandia II is an awesome RPG. It has the best battle system you'll ever experience in an RPG, and considering I'm not much of an RPG person, don't take that comment lightly. It really has a fun, strategic battle system that is unique to the Grandia series.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Sword of the Berserk is a great game, worth mentioning twice : ) Very much hack n slash, but it is still all class stuff

Should also mention that Space Channel 5 is a rythem game, Up Up Left Left, Chu, Chu! It is totally funky, worth getting fur sure!

CrispyCocaine

Registered Member
You have to go buy shenmue 1. It is the best experiance on the Dreamcast ever. You'll be surprized how good it is. I love this series.