• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Recommended body lotion for dry skin

Interis

Registered Member
My elbow area is so dry that I can peel off the top white layer. Unfortunately, it's an area often forgotten because it's not directly visible to me. Sometimes the same thing happens to my heels. Which ingredients should I use to improve this? (I don't mind if you mention brand names either, I'll look them up to see which ones I've got around here.) I only use a sunblock once in a while if I do an outdoor activity.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would get an exfoliating pad and use it on my elbows when I shower to get rid of the dead skin. Might want to buy something else for your feet since they are a little tougher. There are many products to chose from I don't know which would be best.

https://www.amazon.com/electric-foot-exfoliator/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:electric foot exfoliator

https://www.amazon.com/exfoliating-feet/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:exfoliating for feet

I like St. Ives body lotion. I'm sure there are other brands just as good but this one isn't too expensive. For your feet you might want to invest in something just for them.

Interis

Registered Member
I didn't think about exfoliating pads before. Instead of exfoliating, I was thinking to moisturize it more. I guess both exfoliating and moisturizing should go hand-in-hand. I had a body scrub I used regularly, but I didn't buy a new one. A good reminder.

I once bought a foot file to scrub at home. It kind of hurt, so I only used it and the cream once. Is that how it should be or did I do something wrong?

Keri35

Registered Member
Moisturizer for sure. I use Cera Ve. It's amazing! I know other people that use Eucerin or Gold Bond. You should also use a moisturizing shower gel.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
My elbow area is so dry that I can peel off the top white layer. Unfortunately, it's an area often forgotten because it's not directly visible to me. Sometimes the same thing happens to my heels. Which ingredients should I use to improve this? (I don't mind if you mention brand names either, I'll look them up to see which ones I've got around here.) I only use a sunblock once in a while if I do an outdoor activity.
Petroleum jelly will hold in moisture and aloe will promote healing. A combination of the two would be the way I would go. Also be alert to the habit of leaning on your elbows.