Recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iggyshotthebear, May 26, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Don't let the list of stuff fool ya, this is EXTREMELY easy and kid friendly to make!!!

Stuffed Shells
    What You Need
    • about 18-20 jumbo shells
    • 2 jars of spaghetti sauce that you like
    • 1 egg
    • 15 oz (1 container) ricotta cheese
    • 2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
    • 3/4 cup parmesean cheese
    • tablespoon of parsley (dried works well)

Preheat oven to 350ºF
    Boil the shells until they are done (like spaghetti) and drain and rinse. Leave them in the strainer in the sink.
    Open a jar of spaghetti sauce and line a cake pan or casserole dish with it (just dump it in and shake the pan til it evens out)
    In a big bowl mix up 1 3/4 cups of the mozzerella (the extra is to top the shells not stuff them), all of the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the parmesean cheese, and the parsley. Easiest way to do this is to dump everything in the bowl and squish it with your hands (the kids LOVE it)
    Now, grab one of those shells, open it up carefully and stuff it with the ricotta mixture! Its messy. Dont try to be neat about it.
    After they are stuffed put em in the pan you dumped the spaghetti sauce in.
    When the pan is full, open up the other jar of the spaghetti sauce and dump it all over the shells that you have ever so neatly (yeah right) arranged in the pan.

Cover the pan with foil. and bake for about 45 minutes (30 minutes works if you are in a hurry) everyting should be all bubbley in there. Remove the foil after your cooking time is done. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzerella over the shells and put back int he oven (or just leave it, it'll melt I promise) for five minutes. DINNER IS SERVED!

2. kyrie

kyrie Registered Member

Woot! It sounds delisious and so easy. Im gonna try it this weekend.

Can I make it without the egg? I am allegic to eggs.

3. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Ok, this is for all you moms that just don't have the time to prepare a sixteen course meal!

Crunchy Burritos

Whatcha Gonna Need:

Big Size Tortillas
    Can of Refried Beans
    Grated Cheese (I prefer pepper jack)
    Can of Libbys Roast Beef
    Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Corn Tortilla Strips

Whatcha Gonna Do:

Put the beans, cheese, and roast beef in the tortillas. Roll them up closing in both ends. Throw them on a skillet and let them brown on all sides. (you know, turn them) But keep a lid on them between turns. Yell "Dinner is ready!" and serve with salsa or sour cream or whatever over the top! Add the tortilla strips on the side with the salsa, and they'll be stuffed when they're done.

That's my super-duper lazy way of making dinner :D

4. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Ok so when will you have it ready..

5. iggyshotthebear

Yes you can make it without the eggs. The only thing the egg does is help it stick together in the shell, BUT its not necessary. And you can use the recipe with ANY pasta dish, say the "no egg" noodles :D

That's just your basic stuffing. If ya wanna get fancy schmancy, throw chopped spinach in there, or some bacon bits... all kinds stuff :D

6. 1_ares_1

Oh come now...All these women and NO MORE RECIPES???? now I just don't believe that....

7. mart1

mart1 Registered Member

OK, Since I am the queen of no fuss quick & easy cooking, I will give you this one !! 4 to 5 loin pork chops , brown on top of stove or in oven, dump one can of cream of mushroom soup in a bowl & add 2 large dollops (about 1/2 cup) sour cream and 1 tsp dry ranch dressing mix. Mix all together & pour over chops. Cover & simmer on top of stove about 15 to 20 min. covered or in oven @ 350 degrees 20 to 25 min. I usually take the cover off about the last 5 minutes to let sauce thicken a little more. Then eat !!!! Or if you want to dress it up throw in one can of mushrooms (drained) before simmering. I like to use fresh but hey, if I`m in a hurry I use canned !! Serve with mashed potatoes & salad !! It is something like the old Compliment cooking sauce tasted ! If you remember those !!!!

PS... I forgot ...You do not even have to use oil to brown unless you want to !! Just spray pan & chops with cooking spray !! But if you use oil ,, pour off before adding sauce !!

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  8. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

My famous scallopped potatoes:

4-5 russet or yukon gold large potatoes
    1 can Campbells Chedder cheese soup
    1/4 cup milk
    Marble Cheese
    Half a small tub sour cream (half a cup at least)
    Chives
    Salt/Pepper
    Garlic Powder
    Paprika
    Parsley to garnish

Wisk Soup and milk together, add a nice pinch of garlic powder to mixture and a nice scoop of chives.

Cut pototoes into nice potato chip like slices (thin but not too thick; 1/2 cm)
    Lay the potatoes on a buttered casserole dish.
    Smear sour cream on layer, pour half of soup mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. (Soup is already salty).
    Lay down remaining potatoes, pour remaining soup mixture. Add some more pepper and a pinch of paprika to top... a few more chives. Garnish with some marble grated cheese.
    Cook in a 400 degree oven for about 15 mintutes covered, then reduce heat to 375 and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes. You can poke the potatoes with a fork or knife to check softness. Should be done in a 40 minute time frame. Let sit for about 5 mins. Then serve. Garnish with parsley.

Yummy... Tastes even better as a leftover. Can even be eaten a bit cool.

9. iggyshotthebear

This one isn't making dinner, its 'opening dinner' I only know how to measure it for a two pan serving. The extra freezes VERY well for those emergency "OMG I forgot to take something out for dinner"

Tuna Casserole
    What You Need:
    • 6 cans of tuna, 4 drained and two not drained
    • small tub of sour cream (or two huge dollops from one of the big buckets)
    • two huge handfulls shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever kind you prefer)
    • one family sized can of cream of mushroom soup, or 2 small cans (or any other cream of soup you have)
    • Box of minute rice (its a staple in my house and I dont know the exact amount you need)
    • milk

Ok, first find the biggest bowl you own. Second, preheat the oven to 350ºF
    Now begin opening dinner and dumping all of the ingredients in. Keep out the can(s) of cream of *** soup. Fill the soup can with milk one and a half times and stir into mixture. Fill the soup can again with minute rice two times and stir into the mixture. Stir mixture very well, it should be the consistancy of a medium thick milkshake, easy to stir. If its not easy to stir, add more milk. If its too easy to stir, add more rice. Pour the mixture into pans/baking dishes and any remainder into a ziploc bag. Put ziploc bag into freezer (lay it flat) and put the pan in the oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes until rice is tender. Add cheese on top if you want.

We eat ours with a variety of things in it. This is yet another thing I cook that is VERY flexible as to what you put in it. We LOVE to eat it with hotsauce and tomatoes on top... salsa... mmm....

When you go to use the extra (if you put some in a ziploc bag), set the bag in the sink with some tepid water running over it , OR just microwave it. It will cook directly in the bag while thawing and then just dump it into a bowl. You can eat it that way too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2005
  10. 1_ares_1

:lol: OMG!!! Iggy you are truly amazing..I don't believe what I'm seeing....IT'S A MIRACLE! :lol: Tuna casserole with NO tuna!!! hahahaha! I'm gonna sell you on ebay as the miracle cook! :lol: gawd I'm just laffin' my a** off now... Is this as funny to the rest of you, or am I just wacked? :lol: