• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Recently Replied?

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
So apologies in advance if this is a nub question, or has an obvious answer or something, but I swear I've already been looking...

How do I get notifications of threads I've posted in that have received replies? Not talking about getting an email, just a link on the site here or something directing me to the threads I've posted in that have gotten more posts since the last time I visited them?

All I've found so far is visiting my user control panel, clicking List Subscriptions from the left menu, and then scanning the list to see who made the most recent posts... but that's like, super cumbersome, and it seems like that can't really be the best way? Or is it, and I just have unrealistic expectations?? I feel like this was really easy back in the day, but everything's built so differently now that I can't seem to find this function.

Thanks guuuyyyyssss!

Edit: On a totally unrelated note, but while I've already got a thread in the support forum... is there any way to stop displaying the "Hot Right Now" panel that displays on almost every page...? It's uh, really not doing anything for me, except maybe making the site feel cheap and generic...

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't recall the forum ever having this function apart from doing emails for it. If it did in fact used to be a feature I have a feeling that it was removed since this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Are you sure the forums used to have this function?

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Uh, no lol... not sure at all... the site has seen a lot of changes over the years, and my memory's not so good, y'know..?

That being said, whether or not it existed in the past (and whether that was on this site or I'm remembering before the merge), does the feature exist currently in some form? If not, it should... be... implemented... or something? It would make using the site a lot easier to be updated about updates rather than having to interrupt whatever other reading/posting I'm doing and waste time checking a page two clicks deep that 90% of the time hasn't even changed.

dDave

V.I.P.
The closest thing we have to what you're describing is being able to check up on threads that YOU have created, not all threads that you've posted. I looked around a bit and I don't see anything that allows you to see if any thread you've posted in has been updated (except via email which has already been mentioned)

It's a good idea for a feature though. :)

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
If you click on myGF, it will take you to your page with your reps, but at the top of that page, it will have all the threads listed that had posts since you've posted in them. Or even if you just register to threads without posting in them, they will show up there if there's been activity in them.

I'm using the 4.0 skin though. I forget how to get that on the older skins.

dDave

V.I.P.
If you click on myGF, it will take you to your page with your reps, but at the top of that page, it will have all the threads listed that had posts since you've posted in them. Or even if you just register to threads without posting in them, they will show up there if there's been activity in them.

I'm using the 4.0 skin though. I forget how to get that on the older skins.
There ya go.

I've never used that feature before, I've never seen it. Thanks Idi.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
If you have it set to auto-subscribe you to threads that you post in, then all those threads you've posted in that have new replies show up on your control panel.