Receiving Notifications On Your Phone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you sign up to receive updates from websites as text messages on your cell phone?

I am signed up for these on a few sites. I don't usually like getting too many text messages though because I only pay for 400 a month.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont get any from websites but I do get them from the two sports that I love.

I get notifications from the cricket, it tells me when the game starts, when a wicket is taken and who wins.

The other is for AFL, tells me score updates at the end of each quarter.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah I try to keep as many notifications off my phone as possible.

I do use Opera and keep up with RSS Feeds if that still counts.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

no. i hate phone notifications. they are nerve racking. they remind me of text messages which i can't stand to read/write!

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The only notification I want sent to my phone is when my credit is running low. I'd be annoyed with stupid texts all the time.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'd love phone notification for some but unfortunately, mobile subscription is often not allowed for phones in FRance or isn't an option at the sites I go to (if it's a french phone company).

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

yup i use them all the time - got unlimited texts so why not. beats me having to look it up on the web

footballs over so my eagles texts wont come through but when the world cup starts i'll probably add that one

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No, that would really bug me. I hate when my phone goes off and it's not a personal text, it's from the phone company with an offer or something. If it started going off for updates too then I'd go nuts.

I can see the convenience but, not for me. I'm probably spending more time with my computer than my phone, anyway.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I was going to get facebook updates on my phone but my provider wouldn't allow me too haha.

I dont like them on the whole though...I'd rather just get texts from people.

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I receive texts for severe weather, and that is it. They are the only ones I really need. I like to stay up-to-date on if we have a tornado warning or what not. I used to receive alerts from my e-mail if I received a PM on GF, but I turned those off because GF doesn't work on my phone anymore.