Reccomend Anime for me~

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Belcher, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Belcher

Belcher Guest

I don't really read anime, but I want to, so you should tell me what to read. Oh and how to get it.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Get Rurouni Kenshin. It's my personal fav. and it's nice and action packed.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, before the true 'Otaku' fire off on you, anime in comic form is manga. So good mangas? Try Hellsing or Berserk if you want good action. I started reading Suikoden and that was pretty good, too. King of Hell is funny and action-packed, so that's another good one to check out.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Hmm... It depends on what you are looking for.
    Shoujo-ai: *Doesn't know any shoujo-ai manga.*
    Shonen-ai: Gravitation, Yellow, Kisses of a Butterfly.
    Action: Inuyasha, Naruto. Full Metal Panic
    Comedy: Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba, Full Metal Panic
    Romace: Full Moon. Full Metal Panic. ^^;

5. Belcher

Belcher Guest

Sorry, I guess I don't know the difference between manga and anime... >.<

6. mysticangel

mysticangel Guest

depending on the what genre's suits you best you can try some of these series...

Shounen - hunter x hunter, bleach, gantz(not suitable for those under 18), death note, king of thorns, one piece, gokusen

shoujo/romance - lovely complex, fruit basket, perfect girl evolution(a.k.a. wallflower), ouran high host club, hot gimmick, akuma de souro(a.k.a the devil does exist), crimson hero, girl got game, love or money, demon ororon, Gals, bxb brothers

shounen-ai - eerie queerie, demon diary, hands off,

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Anime is just the name given to cartoons that come from Japan. or animated manga. Manga is just the stuff on paper

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

King of Bandits Jing. Great story, The artist gets very talented very fast, and everyone's name after alcohol. - Adventure

Love Hina This actually made it to become one of the top paperbacks in the US, great romance story, and good comedy. - Romance/Comedy

Trigun + Trigun maximum If you've seen the anime, that has nothing on the manga. The action, story, and characters are all better here. - Action

9. Belcher

Belcher Guest

I just read like 100 episodes of that Bleach one. I think I might have gotten them illegally. But oh well. I like it. XD. Big swords, ghosts. There could be more romace though...
    What do Shounen shoujo shounen-ai and all those other words mean?
    And is there something with more romace but still all action like? ^.^

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Those questions were answered already, read a few posts above for the definitions.