Recap: Nets Vs Magic

K

Kidd

Hedo Turkoglu and Dwight Howard each scored 22 points, and the Orlando Magic held All-Star Jason Kidd scoreless in a 113-86 victory over the New Jersey Nets on Friday night.Orlando rookie J.J. Redick tied his season high with 13 points as the Magic shot a season-best 62.5 percent. Tony Battie had 11 points and tied his season high with 10 rebounds for his second double-double this season.Vince Carter led New Jersey with 25 points, but the Nets struggled offensively most of the night. Kidd was 0-for-5 from the field and finished with five assists in 26 minutes of his first scoreless game this season.The Magic led by 22 points at halftime, were up 76-46 by the middle of the third quarter and never saw their advantage go under 25 in the fourth.Orlando set the tone early, shooting 60 percent in the first period while outscoring the Nets 29-15. Battie hit all four shots he took in the quarter and Turkoglu was 4-of-6 as the Magic got off to a torrid start.Carter was 2-for-10 in the first quarter and Kidd missed the only two shots he took. With Richard Jefferson and Nenad Krstic out with injuries, New Jersey had nowhere else to turn.It was more of the same in the second period, as Howard and Darko Milicic scored easily inside for the Magic, while Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson hit just as easily from the perimeter. Cliff Robinson nailed a 30-footer at the buzzer, but that left Orlando with a 59-37 halftime lead.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270202019
Just awful.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
No surprising Vince ws struggling early on I think he was like 2 for 10 in the first quarter mainly because he was settling for jumps instead of driving in the lane. Jason Kidd didnt even score wow the Magic were really on their game, I know he's not know as a huge scorer but this something.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Carter did get 25 points but he had a horrible game, you're right Fresh Carter did start 2-10, which is horrible, and I know that Kidd ain't the best scorer, but not to have one point is surprising, especially that he had one five assists in the game. Hopefully next game, they can have better success. Now they're two games behind the Toronto Raptors in the Atlantic Division.