Rebel Yell -- Who has the best version?

Best Rebel Yell version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm gonna start this "Who has the best version?" thread and see how well it does. If people enjoy it, I'll do more of um! Basically, in a nutshell, I'll choose a song and find cover bands who covered it. Then, it's up to you to vote who has the best version of the song. There will be a poll which you can vote on and in a week whoever had the most votes will be the king of that song! No dispute, and if there are you will be OJ'd when you least expect it. =P

Ready!?

First, the original, Billy Idol:

YouTube - Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

This is the version of Rebel Yell that started it all. Billy has such an unique voice that I believe his vocals made this song popular. If Billy didn't do this song and some other rocker did I honestly think it would not have been as big as it is.

Next, Scooter:

YouTube - Scooter - Rebel Yell

Scooter did a COVER of this song! Whoa, you're just as surprised as I am. Gee wiz! Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Scooter. His Friendship, How Much Is The Fish, Aiii Shot the DJ and other songs he has done I just love. This one, a little bit less. He just doesn't scream when screaming is needed. It's like he's talking throughout the whole song and I don't feel his passion.

Oh yeah, I just notice I'm being extemly bias when I give the take on each band. Oops! Well, try to ignore my view on it and listen for yourself. Perhaps you hear something I don't. ^.^;

Next! Children of Bodom:

YouTube - children of bodom - rebel yell

I think this is my favorite version. Something about how the vocals carry this song that make me like it even more. Music that makes me feel this song how it was intended.

Drowning Pool:

YouTube - Drowning Pool - Rebel Yell

Not much to say. I've been listening to it and... yeah, just not much to say.

And last, but not least: Dope:

YouTube - 13 Dope Rebel Yell Cover

Ok, ok, ok, I was just going to post the popular ones, but I stumbled apond this one on YouTube. And.... WOW! Amazing. My new favorite.

As this is the first "Who has the best version?" I'm not sure if I should go out and search for every single band that covered this song. I basically took the ones I've listened to and stuck them up here. If you think there is another way I should pull the songs then please help out! =)

Ok, now, if you have the time to invest, listen to each version and give your opinion, vote and we'll see who wins in a week!

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
My favorite probably Drowning Pool but I'm probably being partial to them because it's on my I-pod. I love heavy covers of songs and this is one of my favorites.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's billy Idol and it's not even close. I saw him live and he sang this song and it was great. No disrespect to the other bands, but they don't even compete with Billy.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
My favorite probably Drowning Pool but I'm probably being partial to them because it's on my I-pod. I love heavy covers of songs and this is one of my favorites.
I agree that Drowning Pool is the choice. I obviously like the original to, but the Drowning Pool version is more my style. So yeah, definitely my choice here.