• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reasons to be Cheerful - 1-2-3

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What are your reasons to be cheerful. Be specific... go to town...

And here is the cool song, by the fabulous Ian Drury that made me think of this random garbage--- the song is awesome though.
YouTube - Ian Dury - Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3

I'm not just talking about general happiness either, I'm just referring to things that make you cheerful.
I think there is a differentiation that can be made between the two.
For instance.
Spending time with my family is very important to me, and something that lends to my happiness. Just general connection. However, to be cheerful that doesn't necessarily need to be the catalyst. Cheerfulness can come with something as simple as a nice cold pint after a hard days work, or a little joke that I got via text... The underlying things that make me happy don't contribute to these things making me cheerful, it's enjoying the little things - which may very well lend to happiness, but I doubt it. Because things like this can change - The joke could be shit, the beer could be flat.

Do you see a difference in happiness and cheerfulness, or are they just the same to you?

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
Aside from the fact it's Friday today, I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me and for the first time in a long time I feel as though I am doing something worthwhile with my life.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I am happy with grades I have at school, I have a warm bed and roof over my head.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am cheerful for the following:

1. Only 2 more years and I am done with school
2. I have a job.
3. I have good friends by my side whenever I need them.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Cheerful because:

I look prettier smiling than frowning
I have so much to look forward to
TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE EPIC!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am cheerful because either:

1- I am having a good day.
2- I have something big or cool happening later
or
3- I will be set with a steady job in five years.

I'm practically always cheerful!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
My little girlie loves Tool and sings along with Vicarious

One of my BFFs and tops on my list of most favorite people in the world is now at GF

I have some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for

Dabs

Registered Member
Stephanie, Andrew, Derek, Bradley, Jada, Hunter, Chelsea, Brandon, Gracie, Elijah, Kaylea, Jordan and Korea- my children and grandchildren.

Impact

V.I.P.
^Technically that's more than 3 reasons Dabs :p

Right now things that make me happy
1. I have no secrets. I've pretty much told everyone lately things that should have been told earlier on.
2. Music. That's always a reason to be cheerful
3. I'm going to make the most epic dinner.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
1. I'm still walking on the green side of the grass.
2. I have a beautiful wife who loves me.
3. We have a beautiful daughter who is kind, smart, & healthy who loves us.