Reason DiBiase was written off TV

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
-- The reason Ted DiBiase Jr. was written out of WWE storylines is because he's landed a movie role. He will be starring in WWE Films' second straight-to-DVD-movie: The Marine 2. John Cena, who starred in the first Marine film, is not currently scheduled to appear in the sequal. DiBiase is expected to be off television for a while.
source: rajah.com

I'm glad he's not in trouble or anything like that. Hopefully he's not gone too long and comes back to team Priceless.

LoL - is this real, The Marine 2!? Heh... It's great for him, but how about giving DiBiase his OWN movie instead of following behind Cena? It would appear like a fake story, however if it does happen to be true, I would feel really bad for DiBiase for having to do The Marine 2 instead of his own role unique from that, or any other wrestler movie.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope that he doesn't take a lot of time off for this movie, because like I mentioned plenty of times, this guy has lots of potential, but he still needs improvement, and missing a lot of time in the ring won't help him develop into a better overall wrestler.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah at first I read somewhere he needed a break because he got married and now this comes out. Whatever the case I'm with you MJ, he needs to be on RAW.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everytime I read this thread it makes me more mad, I don't understand why the WWE even asked him if he wanted to do this. I almost positive that the WWE believes this guy is the future, and they know he needs to develop even more to become even better overall in the ring. Why would they do this, doesn't make any sense to me, and it's very frustrating. Especially that it's a movie that is going straight to DVD.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everytime I read this thread it makes me more mad, I don't understand why the WWE even asked him if he wanted to do this. I almost positive that the WWE believes this guy is the future, and they know he needs to develop even more to become even better overall in the ring. Why would they do this, doesn't make any sense to me, and it's very frustrating. Especially that it's a movie that is going straight to DVD.
Definitely seems a little pointless, doesn't it? Hopefully the rumor of him doing this crappy sounding movie is inaccurate.

If the movie becomes successful maybe it'll give him an even greater push. Maybe a push into the main event for the title? If John Cena can do it, I bet DiBiase has a shot. ;)

Actually, thinking about it now..., do you think WWE is doing this because they KNOW that Ted is a big thing and will do big things in the WWE thus they are giving him time off to do this movie, so it'll give him a big push when he returns?

wooly

I am the woolrus
besides the WWE letting him take time off for the movie, i'm confused as to why dibiase would want to do the movie. He COULD be getting a push right now. What's more important, making some straight to DVD movie, or survivor series?

Maybe the movie will give him a bigger push than what the WWE can currently give him. Imagine the publicity WWE is going to do for this. Having Ted do promos about it, and just him being around more.

Maybe he'll be ready for WM25 once everything is all said and done. :D