• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Realm of the Mad God

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Realm of the Mad God

I found this F2P game a few days ago, and have simply fallen in love with it.

While quick, the game is rather addictive in a point-and-click MMO hack-and-slash party filled quest giving boss fighting sort of way. Also it has permadeath. If you character dies, you have to start a new one, but upon death, you gain fame for the leaderboards and can unlock other classes with more and more benefits to choose from.

The goal of the game is this: you have a main overworld. Not much to that, but you have countless realms that you can enter. Each realm has a Mad God hidden somewhere in each realm. The enemies you then encounter in the realm get progressively more and more difficult until you reach the Mad God.

Loot is also very prevalent in the game. The further you get within a given realm, the better the loot available to pickup, ranging from staffs for wizards to tunics for priests.

I put in about 3 hours into the game so far, and I am in love.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
So I gave it a try. It's pretty fun. Not having access to a good portion of the classes until you level up is strange, but it gives you something to work towards.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So I gave it a try. It's pretty fun. Not having access to a good portion of the classes until you level up is strange, but it gives you something to work towards.
I think that is a good incentive to keep playing.

One thing that stinks is that the servers just plain suck. You are region-locked onto a server... USEast for me... and if that server goes down or becomes laggy, you essentially cannot play the game efficiently.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Are you? When I took a good look at the main menu, I saw a Servers option, which listed USEast, USWest, EUEast, EUWest and Closest Server. I assume you can pick and choose from there.

Managed to get my first death a little while back. Took on a couple of those Cthulhu guys, took out two or so before the minions handed my ass to me. Lv 10 wizard.

XsizzleX

i played this for awhile, started to get bored of it. now im kinda sad i spend kongregate kreds on it :(