• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Really Popular Songs You Hate

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You know those songs that seem to take over, and are every where all the time. The songs that everyone seems to love but you just hate?

Some songs like that for me are:

Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke

Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson

What Does the Fox Say by Ylvis

Uptown Funk was a particularly annoying one for me because it seemed to be played everywhere I went, in stores, at restaurants, on TV constantly. I couldn't escape and I absolutely hate that song.

How about you?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm with Detrimental there. The music on the radio always does my head in. There is the odd song which has a catchy beat, but the majority are overplayed and annoying.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I hate mother fucking Bad Blood by Taylor Swift. It plays constantly, is seriously repetitive, and isn't even catchy.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
People will hate me for saying this, but Bohemian Rhapsody is catchy like the flu, and stays with me about as long.

- Cham

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Beatles.

Sorry, I just don't get it. I don't like almost everything they've done.

Luckily, I don't listen to the radio so I couldn't tell you what's popular right now, but I'll just go ahead and say the most popular rap song is garbage. I don't need to hear it, because I'm fairly certain whatever it is, it's trash.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I thought I posted here before. Must have been somewhere else. I thought it was at least 2 times though. Oh well, here goes a third.

I hate everything Rap Hip Hop that used to be played non-stop every day at my old martial arts gym. I don't even know who it is or what it's called but the worst is when it plays OUTside the gym in public too and I'm like "There's that shit again!" inside.

There's this one particular song about some F-ing guy trying so hard to get a girl to "Say Yes" (title??? I don't know) to asking her to marry him, and it's kind of hip-hoppish, and I'm just like "UUUUUGGGGGHLLLLL I CAN'T STAND THIS! Even worse... WHY IS IT PLAYING WHILE IM TRYING TO TRAIN TO FIGHT???!!! WHAT THE..."

And so yeah, just...... on multiple levels. The mere idea of the song, then the attitude of it, then the place I've heard it from the most, and just like... everything. Absolutely any and everything about it, I just wish I could block the whole thing out of existence.

The worst thing is not knowing what they are because I can't even be prepared, and do not want to go around looking for anything I hate.

Also, anything that is too self reflexive that basically says "LIKE ME LIKE ME LIKE ME LIKE ME MY MUSIC AND BUY ALL MY RECORDS AND ALBUMS". Anything like that makes an instant enemy in music to me.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
'The Joker' by Steve Miller Band. I have hated this song since the very first time I heard it like 9 years ago. There really isn't a single good thing about it. It's embarrassingly bad. Yet every single Classic Rock/Oldies station ever plays it... and plays it a lot.

Twitch

Registered Member
Not a huge fan of the new Adele album. I don't like the Biebs at all. And that song "Here" by Alessia Cara has been getting popular, I heard it a few months back and got pretty annoyed about halfway through.