Real Madrid Signs Dutch Striker

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Vidic15, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Madrid - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy will join Real Madrid from Manchester United on a three-year contract, the Primera Liga club said on Thursday.

The deal is reported by Spanish media to be worth around €15-million euros.

"Real Madrid have reached an agreement with Manchester United for the signing of Ruud van Nistelrooy," the Spanish club said in a statement.

"The player will take a medical on Friday morning and will be presented in the afternoon at 5pm in Bernabeu."

The 30-year-old has scored 150 goals for United since joining in 2001 for a then-British record fee of £19-million.

He is Real's third signing under new president Ramon Calderon following on from Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson, and will link up with former Manchester United team mate David Beckham.

Van Nistelrooy put in a transfer request two weeks ago and Real and Bayern Munich had been competing to secure his services for next season.

The Dutchman fell out of favour at United in the latter part of last season as manager Alex Ferguson increasingly looked to Louis Saha to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.

He was an unused substitute in United's 4-0 victory over Wigan in the League Cup final in February and stormed out of Old Trafford when he was left out of their final league match of the season against Charlton Athletic in May.

Van Nistelrooy, who has scored 28 goals in 54 games for Netherlands, found the net just once at the recent World Cup and was left on the bench by Dutch coach Marco van Basten during their second-round defeat against Portugal.

The Dutchman will face stiff competition from Raul, Robinho, Julio Baptista, Antonio Cassano and Ronaldo for a place in the Real attack, although his arrival is likely to hasten the departure of at least one of the forwards.

patkick likes this.

2. FCXShogun

FCXShogun Guest

Is this for real? I know he is leaving MU but I cant believe he is going for Real Madrid lol I guess he missed his old teammates, Beckham there and perhaps they both agree Ferguson is old and lost his mind. Anyway one thing i hate about Real Madrid is that they bought legends and superstar like Zidane, Beckham, RC, etc but arent very strong and archieved much recenly comparing to Barcelona anyway well I hope with his arrival they can do something I mean for God sake you got a team of superstars lining up...

3. Vidic15

Ohh

I also heard that Predrag Mijatovic will be Real Madrid's new coach
    I have been looking for this article for ages and no luck

Yeah,
    They used to be the strongest and now they are going downhill,
    Since Beckham signed with them, They won nil titles

And They need to inprove their game
    Yes, They got World Cup champions there and they still are no good
    I guess they need to put Klose there and we will see how the team will go with him,
    He is the best striker I have seen in World Cup

PS: Looks like my longest post I have ever posted here

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Finally.

TrueSerbs, you MUST source your story with a link and the author's name. Otherwise it is plagiarism.

5. Vidic15

Ok,

Thanks for letting me know, I will remember that next time