Real Flying car being sold on eBay

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by ouchs1234, Oct 9, 2006.

1. ouchs1234

ouchs1234 New Member

TwilightDawn and Nightsurfer like this.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I edited your link to go to the auction directly. Please do not link to "landing pages" that in turn link to the auction or news story you are talking about.

As for that auction, it would certainly be cool to own, but I don't have that kind of spare cash lying around and I am pretty sure I can't get a loan for that much either. :)

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I've seen it fly, it works. They never tested it without the wire, but it flies. The high price is what made it so expensive to make, he's listing it at $1,000,000 because that's roughly the cost to build.

4. eldragon

eldragon New Member

HMM. Only a million dollars? Can I use it on the freeway to fly over slow drivers?

No thanks. My paypal account is a bit short.

5. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Do they really expect to see the money for that item? What happens with the ebay fees on that puppy. LOL . I dont see the point of starting up an auction like that and wasting the money in fees that is going to cost them.

6. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Haven't been online for a few days. The ending bid on this was $3,000,100 without the reserve being met. Wonder if they went ahead and sold anyhow?

7. hokeshel

hokeshel Registered Member

Oh my gosh. I wouldn't buy it if I did have the money. I would rather wait until they are in common use. I think that is a little far off, though.

8. Doc

It looks like someone bought it for a little over three million.

9. harleysneak

harleysneak New Member

I can't believe someone would seriously have the money and want to pay 3 million dollars for this. I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure whether or not it's legal.

TwilightDawn likes this.
  10. Doc

You'd need set flight plans and a pilot's license to legally fly it.