• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Reading posts in people's voices

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
A certain Subtalk thread got me thinking. Do you ever read people's posts in their voices?

I always read the following GFers posts in their voices since I know what they sound like (either through chat, random voice clips or their YouTube videos):

- Iris
- Smelnick
- Nevyrmoore
- Merc
- EllyDicious
- Stegosaurus

Iris

rainbow 11!
I only do it for a few people. I have to hear their voice a lot for it to happen.

I do it for Morgan Freeman, Pam, and occasionally merc and danny. but I'd have to hear their voices before it kicks in.

I've been doing it more for dan lately since we keep chatting on voxer.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For GF, ysabel is the only one I've met IRL, and I haven't done much video chatting. I think I've heard Smel's voice enough to occasionally do that. It's been so long since I've heard either of their voices, it's pretty rare though.

For celebrities, there's a fair number. Morgain Freeman, Michael Caine, Johnny Depp, the Joker (both Heath Ledger's version and Mark Hamill's version), Bane (from TDKR), Samuel L Jackson, Yoda, Zoidberg, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny

Actually, there are too many celebs to list... :lol:

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
For some reason, peoples' voices don't stick very well in my mind. I've met quite a lot of GFers now so I've heard a fair few, but I never read posts in anyone's voice. I can imagine doing it for kayleigh and danny the most because they have quite distinctive voices to me, but even then, I don't really. :dunno:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
sometimes I read Kay's posts in her voice, but not usually anyone else whose voice I've heard. Sometimes Amy.

On fb it's a different story; I read most peoples' posts in their voice if it's someone I know pretty well outside of fb

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since I don't know what anyone on here sounds like no but I would if I did. I will when reading a mans post read it in a generic mans voice or the same with a woman.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I never read posts in peoples' voices for some reason...even my own. I'm guilty of that when reading a book, too, where I'm not imagining different voices from character to character. Don't ask me why, lol. It would be nice because I know a lot of members' voices here at GF.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Not so much any more. When chat was popular and we spoke on the mic I would often do this, though. Mainly Danny, Elly, Kay, Lauren, Tucker and Kevin's mum.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I never read posts in people's voices although I know what some sound like (Amy, Danny, Dan, Merc, Reb) - from chatroom.

Seems like I have a neutral voice in my mind when going through all the posts here lol.