• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Reading more than one book at once

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you ever get part way through one book and then move on to another? Have you ever switched between the two or even more than that?

Personally I can only read one book at one time because I'd just lose track of where I got to otherwise.
I know some people own so many books that they'll just start more than one and switch between them. I just don't know how that wouldn't stress you out.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I typically read about 3-4 books simultaneously but I try to keep them different subjects. For example currently I'm reading "America's Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb" by Peter Ferrara (economics) "George Washinton: A Life" by Ron Chernow (history) and "The Roots of Obama's Rage" by Dinesh D'Souza (political or modern events) and "Supreme Power: Franklin Roosevel v. The Supreme Court" by Jeff Shesol (law). It usually takes me about a year to finish all 3-4 I'm reading, but for example I'm almost done with Shesol's book so the next new one I'll open to read will be in that catagory.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't do it since I much prefer just reading one book at a time since it's easier for me to follow. I usually read the same type of books so I would just get confused if I read one book for two days stop half way then start reading another book.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I constantly read more than one book at once. I always say to myself no, don't do it. Next time read ONE book at a time but I never do. I always start reading a book, then see or buy another one and start reading that. I'll end up with a pile of about 5 books next to my bed all with bookmarks in them. I usually do keep reading each one until they are all finished though.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've done it before but I keep getting the characters mixed up and would wonder "Hey, where's [insert name]" and all that so now, I just read one book, as I am getting towards the end, I would start the other so it makes more sense.

Vecoli

Registered Member
I cant read multiple books at once, I was reading The girl who played with fire until I got my books for school this year and I had to stop. Stopping and starting usually isn't a problem but like you Aleks reading multiple books at once just confuses me.

IKnowKungRoo

Registered Member
I can read several at once, but if im reading for fun then i tend to stick to just one as its easier to keep track of characters and such.
If the books are different enough though, its pretty easy to keep them separated in my mind.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I've done it before. Often it's with more serious books, where I can only only take so much at a time. Other times I'll have to pause reading to take care of something else, and when I come back I just grab another book for some reason.

Impact

V.I.P.
I generally like to read just one book at a time, but I have two on the go at the moment. Like CO said, I try to make them different genres though. For example I have a fantasy and a autobiography on the go at the moment.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Sometimes I read more than one book at a time but not usually. The second book has to be something that I've read before.

Unless of course I'm in school, then I read whatever I'm reading for pleasure in addition to what I have to read for school.