• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Read first, reply later?

Bliss

Sally Twit
How many of you will play catch up on GF by reading all of the new posts, before actually responding to any?
Will you read through loads of threads and reply as you go along, keep them open to reply to later, or just close them and go back another time?

Personally, I open a bunch of threads at a time in different tabs, then go through one by one. If I feel the need to reply, I'll do so and then close the tab. I work my way through the opened ones and then click on 'New Posts' again to refresh it. I've posted that way since I first joined.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
That's exactly how I do it too. I'll usually go through the latest posts and open those in new tabs. Reply if I want, or just close them out. Then I'll go through "My GF" and do the same thing, then New Posts.

I leave New Posts for last because I don't always have time to read those anyway, and the other two I'd rather read first.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I always read everything posted ahead of me before I reply. Usually I won't reply right then and there once I've finished reading either. I'll typically contemplate what I'm going to post first. It does happen on occasion that I know the exact right thing to post without having to think about it all that much.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I also go through New Posts and open every thread that I want to either just read or reply to in tabs.

Then I'll read every thread in turn, and either reply right there and then if it's a simple response, or if slightly more complicated I'll leave it open in the tab to come back to later.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I pick a thread, read it and the reply's to it. I usually have something to say right then but sometimes I have to come back to it after I have given it some thought. Then I will open up another thread that sounds interesting and repeat the process.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I try to always reply while reading, but sometimes my interest in a thread isn't just there until later. I read everything in my sections because of modding, but won't always reply right away. Sometimes I just have to catch up.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
If there's any feature I don't use in this or other forums it's the "new posts" page lol. I just go through every category (or categories I'm interested in) and read the new threads in there.
Also, I open threads one by one, I don't open several tabs at a time and I reply right away if I've got something to say.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I generally work on one thread at a time, unless it's a particularly lengthy one or I need to think a lot about it. Or if I get distracted, which happens a fair amount.

I already have so many tabs open for other things, I can't have a million GF tabs open. Besides, I'd miss seeing too many new posts if I did it that way.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
How many of you will play catch up on GF by reading all of the new posts, before actually responding to any?
Will you read through loads of threads and reply as you go along, keep them open to reply to later, or just close them and go back another time?

Personally, I open a bunch of threads at a time in different tabs, then go through one by one. If I feel the need to reply, I'll do so and then close the tab. I work my way through the opened ones and then click on 'New Posts' again to refresh it. I've posted that way since I first joined.
That's what I am doing right now, it's the best way to browse General Forum. I have always done this regardless of the forum, there are some threads that I avoid though because the title looks stupid. Especially in SubTalk.