Rays' Baldelli Says He's Ready To Return

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The St. Petersburg Times - Rocco Baldelli claims that he's ready to return to the major leagues for the Rays after a 20-game rehabilitation stint in Double-A, according to The St. Petersburg Times.

"It's not something I was going to let pass me by without a fight trying to get back here," Baldelli said of the opportunity to join Tampa Bay for the pennant race.

Baldelli hit .297 and slugged .568 at Montgomery, the Rays' class Double-A affiliate. He could be activated as early as Monday night as a platoon outfielder.
RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Rays' Baldelli Says He's Ready To Return

This is great news, when Baldelli went down before the season started, I didn't believe that he would ever play the game again, just because of the disease he had. But it's great news that he'll be joining the team very shortly.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm mad that he's back as well because I'm a Jays fan and I hate the Rays, but it's good that he'll play in the Major Leagues once again.

He's not going to play full-time, he's going to split time with other players at CF and DH.

But he's defenitely going to help them.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
The darlings of the league just got a little better if Rocco can come back healthy and productive.