• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ray Rice "assaulted" fiancé?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
TMZ is reporting that Ray Rice knocked out his fiancé in the elevator and than dragged her out. He's being faced with some nasty charges. I've seen the video, don't know what to believe though. Did he hit her or was she passed out drunk?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Even if your girl is passed out drunk, you don't drag her around... :lol:

Most guys, if their girlfriend is that passed out drunk, would put them in their arms. I guess that depends on what type of lady you're in to ;)

Konshentz

Konshentz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The NFL can't go very long without one of their players doing something incredibly stupid.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
If it's proven he did assault her, then he should be suspended and or released, don't need that kind of crap on their team. Then again this is the same franchise that stuck by Ray Lewis years ago

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The police have a video where he punched her. I had a discussion with a football writer on twitter - he fully expects a suspension but criminal charges, apparently, will be up to the female. I find that insane. If there is video that he punched her, along with the video of him dragging her out of the elevator - it shouldn't be in the hands of the female. Pretty sure he can be charged with some other type of public crimes...

Joster

I'd be pretty upset if they don't fine and suspend him. Honestly even a year long suspension wouldn't be enough. If they do end up releasing him it would be a hard gap to fill but we've seen teams hit jackpot with halfbacks in the later rounds of the draft. He's a great player but he's not necessarily irreplaceable.

Also figures someone would randomly bring Ray Lewis into the situation.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
They really should release him if he's found guilty, even if not he should get suspended for a game or two. It's just a bad look for the franchise

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Indicted:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10684 ... ed-assault

The Ravens released a statement Thursday that read: "This is part of the due process for Ray. We know there is more to Ray Rice than this one incident."
If the lawyer is to be believed and Rice's fiancée wants this to go away too, I've got to believe a plea bargain is coming shortly.

I imagine he'll get a large fine and have to do community service

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Doc NFL 0
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 9
Millz NFL 9
Hilander NFL 15
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4