RAW to be held in Staples Center in LA

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh the irony...WWE is switching their location to Los Angeles' Staple Center...the home of the opponent of the Nuggets. Hilarious.

One of the biggest WWE news stories of the week has been that the May 25th edition of Raw was bumped from Denver's Pepsi Arena in favor of Game 4 of the NBA's Western Conference finals. The "Denver Debacle" has gotten WWE a lot of mainstream media attention with most commentators agreeing that WWE was treated unfairly and probably has legal grounds to go after the arena for damages.

NBC news affiliate KNBC in Los Angeles has announced that WWE has selected LA's Staples Center to host next week's show. The network is reporting that WWE will hold a press conference this evening announce the move. According to KNBC, Staples Center representative Michael Roth has confirmed the decision.

The Staples Center will also host SummerSlam 2009 on August 23rd.
There's still no word on how WWE will handle the ticket situation, but fans who purchased tickets for RAW at the Pepsi Center will likely get refunds.

WWE will have just 5 days to sell tickets for Monday's show.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's weird that he chose the Staple Center to be honest with you. The reason why I say that is because there's a lot of L.A Lakers fans in Los Angelos and most of them will be watching the game between the Nuggets and Lakers. Should be interesting to if this is going to be a sell out.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's actually a good point about it being in L.A. There are a lot of people who will be watching the game instead of going to the Staples Center to watch Raw. Still, L.A. is a huge city and I'm sure there are enough people there to fill up the arena.

It's good they got this sorted out though. :lol:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it makes perfect sense to do in LA...stick it to Denver. Cena will surely come out in a Kobe Bryant jersey. And the fact there's a ton of people in that city.

WWE should still sue the Pepsi Center/Stan Kroenke.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
John Cena is a huge, huge Celtics fan, I personally don't see him coming out with a Kobe Bryant jersey, but maybe someone else will. I am sure there going to make a face wrestler saying the Nuggets suck so they can get a huge ovation. I am sure there going to say something about the whole situation during this show.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
John Cena is a huge, huge Celtics fan, I personally don't see him coming out with a Kobe Bryant jersey, but maybe someone else will. I am sure there going to make a face wrestler saying the Nuggets suck so they can get a huge ovation. I am sure there going to say something about the whole situation during this show.
If Vince McMahon tells you to do something, you do it. I'd be shocked if someone doesnt but I think someone willl and cena will be the one. Real life alliegances mean nothing in wrestling haha

I think it makes perfect sense to do in LA...stick it to Denver.
One would think. But, I think that a lot of the wrestling fans will be tuning into the Lakers vs Nuggets game oppose to going down to Staple Center and getting a ticket. Wrestling fans can always come back to the Staple Center the next time the show is in town, AND, you can review the results on the internet.

Can't wait to see what the crowd looks like on Monday. Heh.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
WWE.com just stated that all fans who had tickets in Denver, Colorado will be issued a complete refund.

Here is what Vince said earlier today...sounds to me like he might sue the Nuggets and Kroenke over the situation. Quite frankly, I cant blame. I'd be irrate if I was him.

"
It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]business[/COLOR][/COLOR] man and picked up the [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR] and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand. I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]psychological[/COLOR][/COLOR] standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us. I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."

Good for Vince. I'm on his side on this one. You can't just toss out an agreement between two parties just because another "bigger" event came along. That isn't right and from all the information I've read Vince should be getting some big bucks if he decides to sue.

I know Vince is a big boy, but deep down I'm wondering if he'll ever hold a WWE event in Denver with that stadium again. If no, then he'll be screwing the fans, if yes, then he'll have to put up with this guy again. Hmm... /ponder

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do think he'll come back but it probably wont be for a long time haha. there are going to be a ton of jokes making fun of the NBA and Kroenke on RAW... i bet the ratings are AWESOME.

10 man match already announced

Big Show, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and the Miz vs MVP, John Cena, Batista, Jerry Lawler and a 5th player...they worded it 5th player too...weird.