RAW rating rises again

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2.87 with an average audience of 4.3 million viewers.

First hour: 2.91
    Second hour: 2.82

Source: Gerweck

Once again Raw was under three 3.00, maybe it was because of Monday Night Football, but none the less the WWE need to do something different.

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a pretty shitty rating. Something needs to change and fast. Granted, I still enjoy the show but its obvious not everything else does.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Either get rid of the teen/kid friendly stuff, or, if they do decide to keep that, maybe they should just go to network TV instead of cable? The only benefit of cable - that I can think of - is that you can do some things that you couldn't normally do on network.

Have an edgier show and be on cable
    Have a kid/teen friendly show and be on network TV

4. Babe_Ruth

I have to agree with you Vilky when you say take out the teen/kidding stuff, back in the Attitude ERA was PG14, they were much more entertaining, and didn't censor half of the stuff their doing now, they need to go back to that. I bet you anything if they did more people would watch.

5. Millz

I think they need to do a hybrid of the two eras. I dont like the PG rating and we dont need the attitude era back...can't they do something in between?

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

RAW can be the rated M17 show while SmackDown! and ECW are PG13. Agreed? RAW can be for the big kids while SmackDown! and ECW can cater to those of the younger generation.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

that would be crazy.. alot of those wrestlers sound like panzys when they say thing like.. "you poopface" over and over again..

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Exactly. Teens and adults mock John Cena for that from what I've seen, and that isn't what you want. Maybe that is what causes people to stop watching, perhaps. Speaking along the lines of that, can Stone Cold even give the finger anymore, or is that banned, too? If it's banned then something MUST be done 'cuz that just isn't right.

9. Millz

source: rajah.com

Awesome news for WWE, that's for sure. The crappy Monday Night game probably helped.

10. Babe_Ruth

That's great news for the WWE, hopefully they keep it up and can get an even bigger rating in the next few weeks.

I wont lie the shows have been pretty darn good lately.