RAW main event @ Unforgiven & other thoughts

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay this is a mini rant. Last night WWE announced its World Title match for Unforgiven. It's going to be CM Punk vs Batista vs Kane vs John Cena vs JBL in a Championship Scramble match. Pretty much the match goes for 20 minutes and whoever scores the last pinfall is the new World Champion. I"m still trying to figure out if WWE will recognize each pinfall as a new champion and I really hope they dont. The person who is the champion at the end should be the only recognized champion. This isnt the fucking hardcore title for crying out loud. Anyways,

How does Mike Adamle explain not having Jericho in this match? They should have waited to announce this match and annoucned that HBK was challenging Jericho first. If I was Chris I'd be pissed off right now. Punk isn't the only one getting screwed by this match. Jericho gets left out for nothing. He should be pissed. HBK is retired as of right now. Batista, too. He deserves a solo shot at the title. Not only for beating Cena, which should be enough to earn it. But, also because he's had his 2 previous shots blown by outside interference. That was never resolved. Instead, he has to share his shot with 2 losers and a psychopath.

I know there a ton of main eventers on Raw and I guess they feel the need to squeeze every last one of them on a PPV but logic tells you Batista vs Punk makes sense. Everybody knows Michaels is gonna come back and challenge Jericho but dont insult us and Jericho by not including him in the match. Or just dont announce it yet...or announce HBK isn't retired. I guess that's too much to ask.

Jericho doesn't have a match right now technically. This is a man who retired Shawn Michaels and now doesn't have a match? Kane destroyed Rey Mysterio and he's in...John Cena lost to Ted DiBiase and then Batista and he's in. JBL beat Jamie Noble last night....riiiiight. The booking doesn't make sense and they dont need this match. I was hoping for another classic one on one encounter.

The fact of the matter is this. They should have announced this main event after HBK/Jericho's match was booked. This is terrible writing. On top of that Punk beat Jericho last night...and he's matchless? CM Punk deserves better then this. He might end up winning but this isnt fair.

CM Punk vs Batista should be the main event and not this crap match.

Sorry for the length...hopefully my words were in some sorta order haha

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Heh yet another WWE clusterfuck match. Suppose it could have more potential if Punk wasn't the only good wrestler there. Instead we get Cena(Decent wrestler) Kane(Generic Monster), Batista(Ugh) and JBL(sucked at wrestling ever since his injury healed.) Replace JBL with Jericho and It could be slightly better

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Heh yet another WWE clusterfuck match. Suppose it could have more potential if Punk wasn't the only good wrestler there. Instead we get Cena(Decent wrestler) Kane(Generic Monster), Batista(Ugh) and JBL(sucked at wrestling ever since his injury healed.) Replace JBL with Jericho and It could be slightly better
I actually dont think the wrestling quality will be that bad but I dont like it when WWE booked things backwards like this. Its insulting to my intelligence.

I KNOW that HBK and Jericho are gonna fight at Unforgiven because its obvious. But Jericho deserves to be in this match after ending a legends career. JBL, Cena and Kane do NOT deserve to get titles shots. I wouldnt be so mad if they could write in a consistent order. Bleh.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This match will be very hard to follow in my opinion. I don't like the stepulations. I much rather have an elimination instead, you get pinned or you submit your out of the match.

I also agree that Jericho should be in this match, he's become one of the best wrestlers, on Raw(microphone wise and wrestling wise) Its a slap in the face that he doesn't get a shot in my opinion.

I don't like this match one bit if you ask me.

I like these cluster matches except this "Scramble" match. It would be an interesting match up for a RAW show to find out who the next contender is, but for the main event at Unforgiven... I don't know. I'm not liking it.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If I lived in Cleveland, I would definately go to Unforgive and make a sign for Generalforum.com. Oh, wait a minute. I will be right back. (goes to look for tickets on ticketmaster)

UPDATE: There are tickets available and I'm going to see if my friend wants to go. I don't want to go alone. :cry:

Last edited:

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
This match will be very hard to follow in my opinion. I don't like the stepulations. I much rather have an elimination instead, you get pinned or you submit your out of the match.

I also agree that Jericho should be in this match, he's become one of the best wrestlers, on Raw(microphone wise and wrestling wise) Its a slap in the face that he doesn't get a shot in my opinion.

I don't like this match one bit if you ask me.
Elimination would make this match better, definitly.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like the elimination idea as well...I mean why not? I guess because its not different and innovative like the scramble concept. What the hell is this? TNA?

I got to give it up to WWE for being creative. I love when they do cool, new entertaining things. The only thing is that this Scramble match is better suited for a TV show rather than a PPV.

Also, what about a Lumberjack match? That, and the elimination chamber are good idea, me thinks. =)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got to give it up to WWE for being creative. I love when they do cool, new entertaining things. The only thing is that this Scramble match is better suited for a TV show rather than a PPV.

Also, what about a Lumberjack match? That, and the elimination chamber are good idea, me thinks. =)
I think Lumberjack matches are suited for a TV show personally. The Elimination Chamber is a great match but we've already seen two this year and apparently its going to be an annual thing for the No Way Out PPV. I dont think we should over do it.

How about Batista vs CM Punk for the title? Since that makes too much sense haha.